Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

German vs Japanses industry

1. Aug 15, 2013 #1
    hi all
    when you hear the phrase "Made In Germany" or "Made In Japan" ,what do you think?
    I am sure you immediately think about quality and proficiency ...
    but in the engineering field there should be comparisons ,which is better? which one is more reliable ??

what do you think about both countries when it's about heavy industries??
    and does the industry reflect the reality of the Education in the country??

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 15, 2013 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Made in Japan always meant cheap junk for post WWII Americans, and made in Germany meant cheap stuff in a souvenir shop.

You always make weird threads, what's the reason for this one? You planning on moving again? Or is this just another of your "slam America" threads?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  4. Aug 15, 2013 #3

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You're showing your age Evo :tongue:

5. Aug 15, 2013 #4

Evo

:biggrin: I'm not a day over 110.

6. Aug 15, 2013 #5

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have respect for both Japanese and German manufacturing.

When I think of German goods, I think 'good quality but expensive'. When I think of Japanese goods, I think 'good (maybe even excellent) quality and affordable'.

For example, cars: I have driven many Japanese cars and they're great. I now drive an Audi and it took a while to get used to it, but now I love it.

7. Aug 15, 2013 #6
    what about the education?? does the industry reflects the reality of education in the country?

8. Aug 15, 2013 #7

Evo

What about the education? This seems to be what you are always complaining about. What are you really wanting to know? What, specifically, are you asking about? Which industry? Which skills? Which professions?

Why don't you do some research then come back with specific questions about the answers you researched? This isn't acceptable.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  9. Aug 15, 2013 #8
    I think it's probably made in China anyway.

10. Aug 16, 2013 #9
    so now you sit in my mind and know my intention??

11. Aug 16, 2013 #10

russ_watters

No, you need to stop playing games and TELL US your intention so we don't have to guess. Immediately. This is a very odd thread and it will be closed unless you explain its purpose.

12. Aug 17, 2013 #11
    OK go ahead and close it.

13. Aug 17, 2013 #12

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Done.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook