German vs Japanese Industry: Which Country Reigns Supreme in Heavy Industries?

In summary, this thread is about Evo's age and why he doesn't seem to understand the purpose of the thread.
YYaaSSeeRR
hi all
when you hear the phrase "Made In Germany" or "Made In Japan" ,what do you think?
I am sure you immediately think about quality and proficiency ...
but in the engineering field there should be comparisons ,which is better? which one is more reliable ??

what do you think about both countries when it's about heavy industries??
and does the industry reflect the reality of the Education in the country??

Physics news on Phys.org
Made in Japan always meant cheap junk for post WWII Americans, and made in Germany meant cheap stuff in a souvenir shop.

You always make weird threads, what's the reason for this one? You planning on moving again? Or is this just another of your "slam America" threads?

Last edited:
Evo said:
Made in Japan always meant cheap junk for post WWII Americans, and made in Germany meant cheap stuff in a souvenir shop.

You're showing your age Evo :tongue:

Office_Shredder said:
You're showing your age Evo :tongue:
:biggrin: I'm not a day over 110.

I have respect for both Japanese and German manufacturing.

When I think of German goods, I think 'good quality but expensive'. When I think of Japanese goods, I think 'good (maybe even excellent) quality and affordable'.

For example, cars: I have driven many Japanese cars and they're great. I now drive an Audi and it took a while to get used to it, but now I love it.

what about the education?? does the industry reflects the reality of education in the country?

YYaaSSeeRR said:
what about the education?? does the industry reflects the reality of education in the country?
What about the education? This seems to be what you are always complaining about. What are you really wanting to know? What, specifically, are you asking about? Which industry? Which skills? Which professions?

Why don't you do some research then come back with specific questions about the answers you researched? This isn't acceptable.

Last edited:
Likes 1 person
I think it's probably made in China anyway.

Evo said:
What about the education? This seems to be what you are always complaining about. What are you really wanting to know? What, specifically, are you asking about? Which industry? Which skills? Which professions?

Why don't you do some research then come back with specific questions about the answers you researched? This isn't acceptable.

so now you sit in my mind and know my intention??

YYaaSSeeRR said:
so now you sit in my mind and know my intention??
No, you need to stop playing games and TELL US your intention so we don't have to guess. Immediately. This is a very odd thread and it will be closed unless you explain its purpose.

OK go ahead and close it.

YYaaSSeeRR said:
OK go ahead and close it.

Done.

1. What are the main differences between German and Japanese industries?

The main differences between German and Japanese industries lie in their approaches to production and management. German industries tend to focus on high-quality products and precision engineering, while Japanese industries prioritize efficiency and cost-effectiveness. Additionally, German industries often have a more hierarchical management structure, while Japanese industries tend to prioritize teamwork and consensus-building.

2. Which industry is more technologically advanced - Germany or Japan?

Both Germany and Japan have highly advanced industries, but in different areas. Germany is known for its expertise in engineering and manufacturing, while Japan is known for its innovations in electronics and automotive technology. Ultimately, it is difficult to determine which industry is more technologically advanced as both countries have their own strengths.

3. How do the labor laws differ between Germany and Japan?

The labor laws in Germany and Japan differ in several ways. In Germany, there are strict regulations in place to protect workers' rights and ensure fair wages and working conditions. In contrast, Japan has a more flexible labor market, with companies able to easily hire and fire employees. Additionally, the retirement age in Japan is higher than in Germany, and there are more opportunities for part-time and contract work.

4. Which country has a stronger manufacturing sector - Germany or Japan?

Both Germany and Japan have strong manufacturing sectors, but in different areas. Germany is a leader in the production of high-end, luxury goods, while Japan is known for its mass production of consumer goods. Additionally, Germany has a larger focus on exports, while Japan's manufacturing sector is more domestically driven.

5. How have the industries in Germany and Japan been impacted by globalization?

The industries in both Germany and Japan have been greatly impacted by globalization. Both countries have seen an increase in competition from other countries, particularly in the automotive and electronics industries. Additionally, globalization has led to an increase in outsourcing and offshoring of production, as well as the growth of international trade and supply chains. However, both countries have also been able to leverage their technological expertise and strong brands to maintain their positions in the global market.