Get better soon turbo

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
Evo
Mentor
Get better soon turbo!!!!1111

Poor turbo really banged up his ankle and he's on crutches. Let's all send him get well thoughts.

feelbetter.gif

Attachments

• feelbetter.gif
    feelbetter.gif
    73.1 KB · Views: 2,825

Answers and Replies

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Dang. I knew he twisted it but didn't realize he had to be on crutches.

@Turbo. Do what you need to do to get this thing healed before gardening season. I wish you a speedy recovery.

turbo
Gold Member

Thanks, Evo. My ankle is iced and elevated and getting more purple, though a bit of the swelling has subsided. No walking yet, though. Crutches only.

turbo
Gold Member

Dang. I knew he twisted it but didn't realize he had to be on crutches.

@Turbo. Do what you need to do to get this thing healed before gardening season. I wish you a speedy recovery.
Yep. This is by far the worst sprain I've ever had, and I have had some bad ones.

drizzle
Gold Member

Oh God! when did that happen?
Hope you get well soon

Oops Turbo, hope you get that fixed soon.

All the best.

turbo
Gold Member

Thanks drizzle and Andre. Soft-tissue injuries can take a LONG time to heal. I wish it had been a break instead.

Borek
Mentor

I hope you will not develop separation anxiety when your neighbor walks Duke :wink:

Get well soon!

turbo
Gold Member

I hope you will not develop separation anxiety when your neighbor walks Duke :wink;

Get well soon!
Woof! Woof! Whiiine! <longing looks out the window>

Thanks, Evo. My ankle is iced and elevated and getting more purple, though a bit of the swelling has subsided. No walking yet, though. Crutches only.

Crutches!!! I knew you'd sprained it, but damn... you did get this puppy imaged, right? Duke had better not slam into it again!

Awww I'm so sorry to hear that bit of news. Crutches are dreadful, you should be all healed by digging time anyways. {hugs}

turbo
Gold Member

Thanks nismar and hy! I'm hoping to be adequately healed by planting-time, but I'm certain I won't be 100% for the rest of the summer. I have damaged this ankle before, and it took a long time to heal. A young kid crossed the run-out at the end of a GS run in the State finals, and I had gone full-tilt through the last gate. I successfully avoided the kid, but took a really nasty fall, and my bindings didn't release. I still have blue, broken veins from that one 40+ years later, now joined by much more color.

Thanks drizzle and Andre. Soft-tissue injuries can take a LONG time to heal. I wish it had been a break instead.

yes, from what i hear, the stretched ligaments never fully tighten back up.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Sorry to hear it :frown:!

Maybe you can rub some hot sauce on it! Actually Capsaicin cream works wonders for me, but I've only used it for rather minor injuries.

Hope you heal soon!

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member

I'm hoping to be adequately healed by planting-time, but I'm certain I won't be 100% for the rest of the summer.
I'm feeling your pain. During your healing period would be a good time to have plenty of Molson Golden on hand.

Can you talk anything to help the pain? Besides the beer that is.

Recover quickly, and as dlgoff suggested, beer should help, it certainly can't hurt.

turbo
Gold Member

I'm feeling your pain. During your healing period would be a good time to have plenty of Molson Golden on hand.

Can you talk anything to help the pain? Besides the beer that is.
I have beer, and I don't like taking pain-killers.

turbo
Gold Member

Recover quickly, and as dlgoff suggested, beer should help, it certainly can't hurt.
I'll try to not tipple too heavily, lest I re-injure it.

Borek
Mentor

Actually it can hurt. You have to get up and limp to toilet after each one.

turbo
Gold Member

Ah! Exercise and flexibility re-hab! Could beer be good?

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Get better soon turbo! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Wow... I normally wouldn't go here, but...

3 liter bottle.

turbo
Gold Member

Get better soon turbo! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Thanks Borg. I'm trying to behave so when it's time to till, hill, and plant, I'll at least be ambulatory, if not out of pain.

turbo
Gold Member

Wow... I normally wouldn't go here, but...

3 liter bottle.
Hmmm.... Could pose logistics problems. Hard to lug heavy stuff when using crutches.

Hmmm.... Could pose logistics problems. Hard to lug heavy stuff when using crutches.

Cover it in strips of jerky and train Duke to empty it. :biggrin: