Get Emails? Why Aren't They Coming?

• Thread starter pivoxa15
  • Start date
In summary, if you are not receiving emails after signing up, check your spam or junk folder, double check your email address, and give it some time as there may be a delay. The time it takes to start receiving emails can vary. Signing up multiple times will not guarantee email delivery. If your emails are going to spam, try adding the sender to your contacts or adjusting your email settings. You can also unsubscribe from certain senders or mark emails as spam to stop receiving them.
pivoxa15
There was once a period of time when I would get emails for each new message in a thread I started but this isn't happening now. Why not? Could I have that option again?

Physics news on Phys.org
Check in your Control Panel, under Edit Options, to see what you have configured for "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Mine says instant e-mail notification. What does yours say?

1. Why am I not receiving any emails after signing up?

There could be several reasons why you are not receiving emails after signing up. It is possible that the emails are going to your spam or junk folder, so be sure to check there. Another possibility is that there was an error during the sign-up process, so double check that you entered your email correctly. It is also possible that there is a delay in the email delivery, so give it some time and check again later.

2. How long does it typically take to start receiving emails after signing up?

The time it takes to start receiving emails after signing up can vary. Some email lists may send out emails immediately, while others may have a delay. It is best to check the website or confirmation email for an estimated time frame. If you are still not receiving emails after the expected time, contact the website or company for assistance.

3. Can I sign up for emails multiple times to ensure I receive them?

No, signing up for emails multiple times will not guarantee that you receive them. In fact, it can cause confusion and may result in you not receiving any emails at all. If you are having trouble receiving emails, try checking your spam or junk folder and make sure your email is entered correctly. If the issue persists, contact the website or company for assistance.

4. Why are some of my emails going to my spam folder?

There are a few reasons why your emails may be going to your spam folder. It could be due to the sender's email address being marked as spam by your email provider. It could also be because the email contains certain keywords or phrases that are commonly associated with spam. To prevent this, try adding the sender's email address to your contacts or marking the email as "not spam." You can also adjust your email settings to filter out certain emails.

5. Is there a way to stop receiving emails from a specific sender?

Yes, most email services have options for unsubscribing from specific senders. Look for an "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email or in the email settings. If you are unable to find an option to unsubscribe, you can also mark the email as spam or contact your email provider for further assistance.