Can a 21-Year-Old Student Become a Millionaire in Just 4 Months?

• Thread starter Ratzinger
  • Start date
In summary, a twenty-one year old British student named Alex Tew became a millionaire in just four months by selling pixel points on his webpage, called the Million Dollar Homepage. The site gained attention due to its unique concept, but many people questioned the effectiveness of paying for ads on a site with low traffic. However, the site has been in the news and has received a large number of visitors. The final pixels on the site are currently being auctioned off for a high price, although there have been reports of fake bids.
Ratzinger
http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/blog.php

This twenty-one old british student by the name Alex Tew became a millionair in just four months. All he did was selling pixel points on his webpage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I still don't understand why, though. This is btw an old story.

Why would people look on that site? Well, I looked once, because I was curious. But now I have no reason whatsoever to go there. Why pay for ads on a place hardly anyone visits?

A dollar for an ad is probably about the cheapest you'd get. Most people probably figure "What have I got to lose?"

I'm pretty jealous for not coming up with that myself to be honest :grumpy:

http://blog.outer-court.com/zero/

Last edited:
It's actually a minimum of $100 for an ad, he only sells the pixels in 10x10 blocks. Otherwise the ads would be too small to see. And this site has been all over the news recently so I imagine there have been a lot of visitors.

nazgjunk said:
I still don't understand why, though. This is btw an old story.
Why would people look on that site? Well, I looked once, because I was curious. But now I have no reason whatsoever to go there. Why pay for ads on a place hardly anyone visits?

Actually the reason it isn't old news is because the final ... i think either 100 or 1000 pixels are being auctioned off at ebay as we speak for something like $200,000.

actually it went for a crappy $38,000 because the bids were fake lols

1. How can I get rich quickly?

Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed way to get rich quickly. Building wealth takes time, effort, and often involves taking calculated risks. Be wary of any promises or schemes that claim to make you rich overnight.

2. Is there a secret formula to getting rich fast?

No, there is no secret formula to getting rich fast. While some people may have had success with certain strategies or investments, there is no one-size-fits-all approach to building wealth. It is important to do your own research and make informed decisions based on your own financial goals and risk tolerance.

3. Can I get rich by investing in a specific stock or cryptocurrency?

Investing in individual stocks or cryptocurrencies can be risky and is not a guaranteed way to get rich. It is important to thoroughly research any investment before making a decision and diversify your portfolio to minimize risk.

4. Are there any get-rich-quick schemes that actually work?

Be wary of any get-rich-quick schemes that promise quick and easy wealth. Many of these schemes are scams and can result in financial loss. It is always best to stick to legitimate and proven methods of building wealth.

5. How long does it take to get rich?

The timeline for building wealth varies for each individual and depends on factors such as income, expenses, and investment strategies. It is important to set realistic financial goals and be patient, as getting rich takes time and consistent effort.