Get your thinking caps on

  • Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
wolram
Gold Member
4,235
553

Main Question or Discussion Point

I have heard a whisper that GD is in the doldrums, is it because there is
nothing to talk about, or pure apathy? i know there are posters to GD that
exhibit signs of intelligent conversation, and an inkling of wit, well two
or three to be honest, are you one of them? :biggrin:
 

Answers and Replies

Lisa!
Gold Member
601
90
Here's getting so boring.Because some of active members have some problems.For example one of them is crazy about an American girl who's rejected him!
 
310
2
Yes.The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen it to at least 10 characters.
 
310
2
Lisa! said:
Here's getting so boring.Because some of active members have some problems.For example one of them is crazy about an American girl who's rejected him!
Not to mention the three threads devoted to discussing weather matt grime will ever post in GD.
 
wolram
Gold Member
4,235
553
Lisa! said:
Here's getting so boring.Because some of active members have some problems.For example one of them is crazy about an American girl who's rejected him!
Thats sad, but do you have any thing serious to discuss Lisa
:devil: :biggrin:
 
217
0
wolram said:
I have heard a whisper that GD is in the doldrums, is it because there is
nothing to talk about, or pure apathy? i know there are posters to GD that
exhibit signs of intelligent conversation, and an inkling of wit, well two
or three to be honest, are you one of them? :biggrin:
You want something to talk about?

http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/1226/pitvsporcupine9bk.jpg [Broken]
http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/5373/pitvsporcupine25yb.jpg [Broken]


Lets talk about pit bulls...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Lisa!
Gold Member
601
90
wolram said:
Thats sad, but do you have any thing serious to discuss Lisa
:devil: :biggrin:
Yeah!Why aren't serious threads successful in GD?And why is it impossible to have serious threads in GD?




You can't say it's all my fault!When I came here first, I was serious most of time but after awhile............. :grumpy: I think it doen't work to be serious around here.I started some serious threads at first but they didn't work at all.Most of replies I get, were damn funny and off topic!
 
hehe...this guy on another forum wants separate forums for philosophy and religion, but he can't give a difference...kinda funny
 
310
2
Fascinating.
 
217
0
We could talk about how to improve brain function....

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/being-human/mg18625011.900

We could talk about....anti-intellectualism that runs rampant in the media today.

We could talk about...slide rules and then we could all post pictures of our collections

We could talk about...Cars....Whats everyones favorite car. I like the Nissan 350z.

We could talk about...What is everyones favorite food.

We could talk about...The best places to visit around the world
.
.
.
and so on...
 
217
0
Lisa!
Gold Member
601
90
Ah I should leave here now.Because I can't keep my eye open.I even didn't notice that the dog's injured. :cry: :cry: :cry:
 
*Kia*
Gold Member
18
0
OMG that poor dog.
Did you take him to the vet to remove those spines, please tell me you didn't just rip them out?
That must hurt so bad I'm suprised he is standing so patient.
 
Lisa!
Gold Member
601
90
*Kia* said:
OMG that poor dog.
Did you take him to the vet to remove those spines, please tell me you didn't just rip them out?
That must hurt so bad I'm suprised he is standing so patient.
I didn't realize he 's injured at first!I thought someone did it purposely and they're not spins! :shy: :shy:
 
217
0
*Kia* said:
OMG that poor dog.
Did you take him to the vet to remove those spines, please tell me you didn't just rip them out?
That must hurt so bad I'm suprised he is standing so patient.
He (or she) is not my dog....

But from the looks of the picture he was at the vets when the picture was taken.
 
Last edited:
wolram
Gold Member
4,235
553
by Townsend
We could talk about...Cars....Whats everyones favorite car. I like the Nissan 350z.
My car is a real head turner, peugot 106 xnd oil burner, it will do 0 to 60 in
less than a day.
 
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
18,542
1,684
Townsend said:
We could talk about how to improve brain function....
In GD? :biggrin:

Townsend said:
We could talk about....anti-intellectualism that runs rampant in the media today.
Most media perhaps. I find the Christian Science Monitor (CSM), Mother Jones News, National Public Radio (NPR), WorldPress.org, occassionally the BBC, and others are quite intellectually stimulating.

Townsend said:
We could talk about...slide rules and then we could all post pictures of our collections
Ah, nostalgia - in the days BI (before Internet). I used one at university. :biggrin: I also remember teletypes and punch cards, and overnight priority.

Townsend said:
We could talk about...Cars....Whats everyones favorite car. I like the Nissan 350z.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=77253

Townsend said:
We could talk about...What is everyones favorite food.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=75257 - shameless promotion - not quite favorite foods, but close enough, then there is https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=75652

Townsend said:
We could talk about...The best places to visit around the world
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=81719
 
Last edited by a moderator:
wolram
Gold Member
4,235
553
by Townsend We could talk about...What is everyones favorite food.
Roast beef and yorkshire pudding with beef gravy, roasted tatties and veg.
YUMMY. :biggrin:
Hot, Hot chili
Apple pie and custard
Fish any kind i like them all, except squid and octopussy :yuck:
 
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,071
5
:frown: I let Danger borrow my thinking cap and he broke it. Maybe I could borrow someone's? Is anyone not using theirs? :rolleyes:
 
wolram
Gold Member
4,235
553
honestrosewater said:
:frown: I let Danger borrow my thinking cap and he broke it. Maybe I could borrow someone's? Is anyone not using theirs? :rolleyes:
Well fancy lending it to Danger, thats asking for trouble, you could borrow
mine, but you would have to be prepared, people around you may not
understand, why suddenly you are acting saintly and are so logical :biggrin:
 
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,071
5
wolram said:
Well fancy lending it to Danger, thats asking for trouble, you could borrow
mine, but you would have to be prepared, people around you may not
understand, why suddenly you are acting saintly and are so logical :biggrin:
Thanks, but apparently it causes delusions - or is that just you? :tongue2: Does it have a halo attached? o:)
 
wolram
Gold Member
4,235
553
honestrosewater said:
Thanks, but apparently it causes delusions - or is that just you? :tongue2: Does it have a halo attached? o:)
Oh, you are so sharp, Butt wicked too :biggrin: The halo's are clip on extras
and come in various sizes, stating from small to XXL.
 
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,071
5
wolram said:
Oh, you are so sharp, Butt wicked too :biggrin: The halo's are clip on extras
and come in various sizes, stating from small to XXL.
I think I need an XL halo to balance out my XL devil horns...
 
brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2,701
7
wolram said:
My car is a real head turner, peugot 106 xnd oil burner, it will do 0 to 60 in
less than a day.
Hooray for 106-based French hatchbacks!

My sunroof pisses water whenever there's a shower. Still love her though.
 
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,071
5
What's the idea behind referring to complex machines as females?
 

Related Threads for: Get your thinking caps on

Replies
16
Views
2K
Replies
21
Views
15K
Replies
4
Views
14K
Replies
10
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
8
Views
2K
Replies
12
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
2
Views
2K
Replies
10
Views
9K
Top