1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Getting another degree

1. Jan 1, 2005 #1
    Hello, my name is Wunsch
    I am now a 3rd year student in applied chemistry, GPA: only 2.0, and in danger of being unable to become a senior. I am a bit worried but please be prepared to helping me out with some of inquiries I would like to make right below now...

I am really wanting to continue studying than to go out looking for a job so soon.
    I intend to apply for another degree at another school on bioinformatics. but I am not sure if I have to re-study some of basic subjects from the beginning.
    Resudy would help me memorise more but as a fact, I am getting older day by day and its really hard for me to sit still in a classroom listening to what I have self-studyed or read again and again many times.

I think applied chemistry and bioinformatics also have some(little) in common. But what if a friend of mine who is in electronics department wants to learn bioinformatics too ? Does he have to be a freshman in college again ?

Sis and Bro please help me..

Ciao
    Thank you so very much in advance :wink:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 3, 2005 #2
    I asked my instructors and contacted some other schools whwere i would like to spend my ruined life in the next few years as a lowlevel grad sudent and they said "do what you want".
    I think I will go for food first and then will think of boring research !
    Thanks for not having helped me out or I will be more confused to whether or not "do what i want".

Ciao
    Thanks and byebye

4. Jan 4, 2005 #3
    Let me preface this with a wtf? and a roflcopter.

If you only have a 2.0 gpa chances are you haven't mastered the basic material. Unless of course you skip tests and don't turn in papers just for fun. Anyways if you're a native english speaker I would suggest you learn to be an effective communicator as that is quite important in engineering (really in all fields). Best of luck and enjoy your food.

5. Jan 5, 2005 #4
    That sounds really dumb.
    Because I thinbk it still depends on different system in different regions, so what regions are you talking about and what makes you think he studies in material eng.
    Second I guess you don't have a good eye because I think Ciao is used mostly by Germans. i have no advice for him anyways.

6. Jan 5, 2005 #5
    Oh :blush: please do not use such a tone to speak with me, I'm really afraid...:shy:, I am a young German Grr..grr..
    Ok, Forget about my questions...:wink:

I have come to site so many times only to look for the only piece of information I want/need whereas people there think I come to do business and the fact for me to assure a while ago was that I was asked to resolve relationship problems by doing businesses. That was a horrible situation I didn't know.:blush:

Ciao
    -German grr: Wunsch :wink:

PS I correct the not-very-nice words that *synthetically* created by you omagdon7, only to make the post more gooder ! :biggrin:
    Hope Jesu Chris will understand this :biggrin:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  7. Jan 5, 2005 #6
    Well, I'm not so sure I understand what you're trying to say. Nonetheless, I agree with omagdon7. Look through your textbooks for things that you don't understand and do some independent (self) study. Then go to you're instructors and ask for additional help.

Ryan

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?