1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Getting familiar with proofs?

1. Jul 30, 2006 #1
    I'll be starting university in just over a month. The school I'm going to has advanced section classes that basically cover the first year math classes (Algebra and Calculus) in a more rigorous fashion than what is usually offered to first year math students. I am interested in taking part of these courses, and was wondering what kind of books I should look into to get me a head start.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 30, 2006 #2

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I found this book to be quite helpful to my own endeavors, and you can get it for four bucks.

4. Aug 3, 2006 #3
    I ordered the book on Amazon (I'm in Canada so I had to buy the book for more than $4 :P) and it should be arriving shortly. Thanks for the suggestion.

5. Aug 4, 2006 #4
    I suggest you grab the Calculus by Michael Spivak, good book for a introduction to analysis.

6. Aug 4, 2006 #5
    heh, I actually ordered that one too!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?