1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Getting into a university

1. May 25, 2014 #1
    Hello everyone!
    So I am from India and my name is Sarthak. I am giving SAT this June and my approximate score will be near about 2150, or that's what I am expecting at least; that or more. Apart from that I scored 95% in my 10th class and am among the top 10 students in my class. I have also won some medals in competition like IMO, NSO, etc. of Sofworld. I had also qualified for NTSE level 1.

Apart from these study-related qualifications, I really like to read and write. I have written some short stories and many poems. I have also won about 4-6 competitions in poetry and creative writing, all inter-school competitions. I am interested in doing a bachelor's degree in computer science or any other technology-engineering related subject, haven't really decided quite yet.

I want to get into the top universities, like MIT, CalTech, Stanford, Princeton and all and want to know what my chances are of getting into these Universities and what more I can do to improve my odds. Oh and am currently studying in class 12th.

Thanks in advance :)

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 25, 2015 #2
    Hey there!
    I'm Sanjana. I am also from India but I did high school here.
    So, if you want to do MIT and here's where you start, also if you want to know if your doing everything right, you might want to check their stats.
    I just gave you the basics for MIT research, and I hope you know what to do. Since your 12th class right now, you want Bachelor's Degree and you are a Freshman. It is good to know Cal Tech's, Stanford's, Princeton's and more freshman stats. You might also want to check their International students pages for Financial information.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook