Getting Rid of Cobwebs: Don't Try It!

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the best way to get rid of cobwebs is to clean them away with a broom or vacuum, while wearing protective gear. It is not recommended to use insecticide, as it is designed for killing insects, not removing webs. It is important to get rid of cobwebs as soon as possible, and a duster with long soft bristles can be effective. There are also natural remedies, such as essential oils or chestnuts, that can help prevent cobwebs from forming.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I bought a compessor, mainly for work on my bike, but i thought i could use it for houshold tasks, like getting rid of cobwebs, do not try it, it does blast the cobwebs away,
but it all so smears them in some other place, and the compessed air lifts the seams of wall papper, houses are a pain in the A--.

Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps a vacuum cleaner hose and extension tip would work better?

I would advise against using a compressor for getting rid of cobwebs in your household. While it may seem like a quick and effective solution, the use of compressed air can actually cause more harm than good. Not only does it just blast the cobwebs away, but it also spreads them to other areas and potentially damages the walls and wallpaper in your home. Additionally, houses are complex structures and using a compressor without proper training and knowledge of its effects can lead to unintended consequences. It's always best to stick to tried and tested methods for household tasks and leave the use of compressors for their intended purposes.

1. What is the best way to get rid of cobwebs?

The best way to get rid of cobwebs is to simply clean them away with a broom or vacuum. It is important to wear gloves and protective eyewear when doing so, as some cobwebs may contain debris or insects.

2. Can I use insecticide to get rid of cobwebs?

No, it is not recommended to use insecticide to get rid of cobwebs. Insecticides are designed to kill insects, not remove their webs. Additionally, using insecticide indoors can be harmful to your health.

3. How often should I get rid of cobwebs?

It is recommended to get rid of cobwebs as soon as you notice them, as they can accumulate quickly. If you have a lot of spiders in your home, you may need to get rid of cobwebs more frequently.

4. Can I use a duster to get rid of cobwebs?

Yes, a duster can be an effective tool for getting rid of cobwebs. However, be sure to use a duster with long, soft bristles to avoid spreading the cobwebs around.

5. Are there any natural remedies for getting rid of cobwebs?

Yes, there are some natural remedies that can help prevent spiders and their webs from forming. These include using essential oils, such as peppermint or eucalyptus, or placing chestnuts or hedge apples around your home.