Getting rid of speed regulator

In summary, the conversation is about the installation of an electric bike kit with a front wheel hub and LED display. The person is experiencing issues with the speed regulator limiting the bike's speed to 20mph and is looking for solutions online. However, it is not recommended to bypass the speed regulator for safety reasons and the conversation has been closed.
shift55
I just installed this bike kit http://www.ebay.com/itm/36V-500W-Geared-26-Front-Rear-Ebikeling-Electric-Bicycle-Conversion-Kit-ebike-/271923152076?var=&hash=item3f4fe204cc:m:mDQBWD22DB6VOvwhv_g145g
It is a LED Display with a front wheel hub
How do i get rid of the speed regulator. The ebike can get to 20mph super easily then when i help it to go faster the motor stops helping. I heard that other people has these problems so i googled it. I couldn't find any solutions that worked with the ebikling speed controller (the one that came with my kit)

Engineering news on Phys.org
The speed regulator is implemented for safety and in some cases regulatory requirements. I would not recommend bypassing this limitation.

shift55 said:
I just installed this bike kit http://www.ebay.com/itm/36V-500W-Geared-26-Front-Rear-Ebikeling-Electric-Bicycle-Conversion-Kit-ebike-/271923152076?var=&hash=item3f4fe204cc:m:mDQBWD22DB6VOvwhv_g145g
It is a LED Display with a front wheel hub
How do i get rid of the speed regulator. The ebike can get to 20mph super easily then when i help it to go faster the motor stops helping. I heard that other people has these problems so i googled it. I couldn't find any solutions that worked with the ebikling speed controller (the one that came with my kit)
You're not going to get help with this here at the PF. Thread is closed.

1. How does a speed regulator work?

A speed regulator is a device that controls the speed of a machine or vehicle by limiting the amount of fuel or energy that is supplied to the engine. It uses sensors to monitor the speed of the vehicle and adjusts the fuel or energy flow accordingly to maintain a constant speed.

2. Why would someone want to get rid of a speed regulator?

Some people may want to get rid of a speed regulator in order to increase the speed of their vehicle or machine beyond the regulated limit. Others may want to disable the speed regulator for off-road use or racing purposes.

3. Is it legal to remove a speed regulator?

It depends on the laws and regulations of the specific country or state. In some places, it is illegal to remove or tamper with a speed regulator as it can be a safety hazard. It is important to research and follow the laws and regulations in your area.

4. What are the potential risks of removing a speed regulator?

Removing a speed regulator can have various risks, including increased fuel consumption, reduced engine lifespan, and a higher risk of accidents due to the inability to control the speed of the vehicle. It may also be illegal and result in fines or other legal consequences.

5. Can a speed regulator be removed without professional help?

It is not recommended to remove a speed regulator without professional help, as it requires knowledge and expertise in the specific vehicle or machine. Attempting to remove a speed regulator without proper knowledge and tools can be dangerous and cause damage to the vehicle.