Frustrated with Learning Physics

• Thread starter G01
  • Start date
In summary, the person is frustrated with physics and can't seem to solve any of the problems. They post this on a forum where people can offer help.
G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Getting so annoyed...

Im so mad. Before I start I'm not looking for help here. I know this is the non serious forum. I'm just trying to vent some steam here...:grumpy:

I'm trying to teach myself some physics that we skipped in class just for my own benefit. I can't seem to get it down. I can't solve any of the problems even though I see nothing wrong with my methods... GRRRRRRRRR so frustrating. How does everyone here make it through frustrating times like this. I feel like I'm gunna explode...

Physics news on Phys.org
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/0/0b/250px-Beer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pengwuino said:
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/0/0b/250px-Beer.jpg
[/URL]

Vodka does not an effective therapist make.

And yes, I know that's not a picture of vodka.

G01 said:
Im so mad. Before I start I'm not looking for help here. I know this is the non serious forum. I'm just trying to vent some steam here...:grumpy:
I'm trying to teach myself some physics that we skipped in class just for my own benefit. I can't seem to get it down. I can't solve any of the problems even though I see nothing wrong with my methods... GRRRRRRRRR so frustrating. How does everyone here make it through frustrating times like this. I feel like I'm gunna explode...
Have you posted your problem(s) in homework help? Maybe someone there will see where you are blocked and be able to help you.

G01 said:
If you don't understand Physics maybe you should try somthing elese that well be easier for you to understand

Yeah I did post it there Evo and believe me, if it wasn't for that forum my head would have already exploded. I love this place! It gets me through the day. Its just that sometimes things get so annoying even PF can't fix them...grrrrr

scott1 said:
If you don't understand Physics maybe you should try somthing elese that well be easier for you to understand

Sounds like he's missing some key concept that he should have gone to class for :P

scott1 said:

The fact that I can't understand physics right off the bat and have to think about it is why I love it. BTW I got an A in my last semester Physics course so I don't doubt my physics ability just my ability to teach myself.

Go smack the penguin for a while. You'll feel better.

http://n.ethz.ch/student/mkos/pinguin.swf

Pengwuino said:
Sounds like he's missing some key concept that he should have gone to class for :P

We didn't cover this in class. Thats not my fault! STOP GANGING UP ON ME!:mad: lol:tongue:

Math Is Hard said:
Go smack the penguin for a while. You'll feel better.

http://n.ethz.ch/student/mkos/pinguin.swf

"Nobody gets off smacking their penguin, or choking their chicken"

franznietzsche said:
"Nobody gets off smacking their penguin, or choking their chicken"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1. Why is learning physics so frustrating?

Learning physics can be frustrating because it involves complex mathematical concepts and abstract theories that can be difficult to grasp. It also requires a lot of practice and critical thinking, which can be challenging for many people.

2. How can I make learning physics less frustrating?

One way to make learning physics less frustrating is to break down the material into smaller, more manageable chunks. This can help prevent feeling overwhelmed. It is also important to have a solid foundation in the basics of physics before moving on to more advanced topics.

3. What are some common misconceptions about learning physics?

One common misconception about learning physics is that it is only for "smart" people or those with a natural talent for science. In reality, anyone can learn and understand physics with dedication and practice. Another misconception is that physics is only useful for those pursuing a career in science, when in fact, it has many practical applications in everyday life.

4. How can I stay motivated when learning physics becomes frustrating?

One way to stay motivated is to set achievable goals for yourself and track your progress. It can also be helpful to find a study group or tutor who can provide support and help you stay on track. Additionally, reminding yourself of the real-world applications and importance of physics can help keep you motivated.

5. Are there any tips for improving my understanding of physics?

Some tips for improving your understanding of physics include practicing regularly, seeking help when needed, and trying to visualize and apply the concepts to real-world scenarios. It can also be helpful to find alternative resources, such as videos or online tutorials, to supplement your learning.