Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Getting started

1. Sep 12, 2006 #1
    I am in 12th grade and currently in AP calc. I am kinda bored with it and was wonering if there is any good online material that can let me learn calc faster and go beyond it into hiogher maths? thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2006 #2
    Wouldn't it be simpler to just read ahead in your calculus book.

4. Sep 13, 2006 #3
    Practice makes perfect.

5. Sep 13, 2006 #4

J77

I've got these magic pills which make you learn calc faster...

Wanna buy some?

:biggrin: :wink: :tongue:

6. Sep 13, 2006 #5
    How about...
    One free to..
    Test the quality?

7. Sep 13, 2006 #6
    The book I have isn't the best at explaining things, but I guess I can manage because I have never had trouble with math. I am not trying to take some magic pill, just my class is full of tards for the most part who get tripped up with simple things like limits. Also reccomendations for other maths would be appreciated.

8. Sep 13, 2006 #7

CRGreathouse

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Try checking out a book on linear algebra (matrices, vector spaces, and so forth). It's a freshman or sophomore-level college course that has enough ties to Calc that you'll be able to understand it with some patience.

The alternative would be to study Calculus III, which doesn't really depend on Calculus II for anything. It's actually pretty easy; I took it in high school.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?