Maximize Your Calc Learning in 12th Grade: Go Beyond AP Calc

• Thread starter sublime
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ap
In summary, the conversation includes a student in 12th grade looking for additional resources to learn calculus faster and expand into higher maths, someone offering magic pills for sale, and recommendations for other math subjects such as linear algebra and Calculus III.
sublime
I am in 12th grade and currently in AP calc. I am kinda bored with it and was wonering if there is any good online material that can let me learn calc faster and go beyond it into hiogher maths? thanks

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Wouldn't it be simpler to just read ahead in your calculus book.

Practice makes perfect.

I've got these magic pills which make you learn calc faster...

Wanna buy some?

:biggrin: :wink: :tongue:

J77 said:
I've got these magic pills which make you learn calc faster...

Wanna buy some?

:biggrin: :wink: :tongue:

How about...
One free to..
Test the quality?

The book I have isn't the best at explaining things, but I guess I can manage because I have never had trouble with math. I am not trying to take some magic pill, just my class is full of tards for the most part who get tripped up with simple things like limits. Also reccomendations for other maths would be appreciated.

Try checking out a book on linear algebra (matrices, vector spaces, and so forth). It's a freshman or sophomore-level college course that has enough ties to Calc that you'll be able to understand it with some patience.

The alternative would be to study Calculus III, which doesn't really depend on Calculus II for anything. It's actually pretty easy; I took it in high school.

Last edited:

1. How can I maximize my learning in 12th grade for AP Calculus?

To maximize your learning in 12th grade for AP Calculus, it is important to start with a strong foundation in algebra and pre-calculus. This will make it easier to understand the more advanced concepts in AP Calculus. Additionally, make use of resources such as textbooks, practice problems, and online tutorials to supplement your learning. It is also beneficial to attend extra help sessions with your teacher or join a study group with classmates.

2. Is it necessary to take AP Calculus in 12th grade?

No, it is not necessary to take AP Calculus in 12th grade. However, taking AP Calculus can provide a challenging and rewarding academic experience, as well as potentially earning college credit. It is important to consider your personal strengths and interests when deciding whether or not to take AP Calculus in 12th grade.

3. How can I go beyond the AP Calculus curriculum in 12th grade?

To go beyond the AP Calculus curriculum in 12th grade, you can explore additional topics in calculus such as multivariable calculus, differential equations, or linear algebra. You can also consider taking a college-level calculus course or participating in a math competition to further challenge yourself.

4. What study strategies are most effective for AP Calculus in 12th grade?

Effective study strategies for AP Calculus in 12th grade include practicing regularly, reviewing previous material, and seeking help when needed. It can also be helpful to create study guides or flashcards, teach the material to someone else, and take practice exams under timed conditions.

5. How can I stay motivated and engaged in AP Calculus in 12th grade?

To stay motivated and engaged in AP Calculus in 12th grade, set specific goals for yourself and track your progress. You can also find connections between calculus and real-life applications, and work on challenging problems that interest you. Additionally, take breaks when needed and don't be afraid to ask for help if you are struggling.