Getting up late in the morning = another crappy day

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
In summary, a person's day can be improved by sleeping or by doing something fun. Sleeping is the best thing to do in a crappy day because it makes the day go by faster.
Lisa!
Gold Member
Awh whenever I get up late in the morning (or sleep a lot in a day), I'm feeling terrible during the day and just want that day to finish sooner. So what's the best thing to do in a crappy day?
Perhaps sleeping again! :tongue2:

Physics news on Phys.org
Sleep :P Thats what I would do.

And when you can't sleep anymore?

Lisa! said:
And when you can't sleep anymore?

1) Find a wall
2) Step back 20 feet from it
3) Run towards wall
4) If you're reading this, repeat.

I even don't feel like replying to my friends' emails, and now you expect me to do that! :zzz:

I put on some music and do some cleaning, personally.

Lisa! said:
Awh whenever I get up late in the morning (or sleep a lot in a day), I'm feeling terrible during the day and just want that day to finish sooner. So what's the best thing to do in a crappy day?
Perhaps sleeping again! :tongue2:
Don't you have a job to go to?

Math Is Hard said:

I just think of MIHs avatar and i feel all better :rofl:

I don't really see the problem... If you don't like sleeping late, then get up earlier.

Meh, it is a crappy day...just get some ice cream or hot tea and curl up to watch TV or DVDs or something and wallow in it. :biggrin:

I started my day thinking I didn't have anything special on my calendar, so I'd go get my driver's license transferred to the new state...heh heh...guess what? It's a holiday today. :redface: After I got all the way there, I found out they're closed (it's not a holiday for me! :grumpy:). So, so much for that plan. Then, the lunch selection in the cafeteria was abysmal. :yuck: Usually they have a halfway decent selection here. Today it seemed somebody must have screwed up an order and got a truckload of cabbage...it seemed like everything had cabbage in it! :bugeye: Then I learned that I can't just download PDFs with a click of the mouse like I used to (this is someone's idea of an "improvement" in Safari...see thread in technology is you want the gorey details :mad:). Then, I had to delete my OWN thread for double posting. :redface: The server just bogged down and I didn't think my post posted. :rolleyes: I still can't convince anyone in this place that I really do need to be able to print without copying files to my USB key, walking down the hall, fighting with the stupid Windows computer (oh boy is that computer stupid...what a clumsy OS to fight with)...started printing, printer ran out of paper, added paper, printer had some strange error message...push random buttons to get rid of error message (no manual, so what the heck do I know what the error means...we're still using an HP LaserJet 4...it's old and tired, that's what the error means, right?), have the rest of the document decide to print every 6th line or so, go back, tell it to print again, wait while someone else's stuff prints who got into the queue while I was swearing at the printer...yeah, it's been one of those days. :frown:

Math Is Hard said:
I quit it and I'm looking for another one! :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
heh heh...guess what? It's a holiday today. :redface: After I got all the way there, I found out they're closed (it's not a holiday for me! :grumpy:)

Ha ha, we had Columbus day yesterday in Guam!

matthyaouw said:
I don't really see the problem... If you don't like sleeping late, then get up earlier.
It just happened yesterday. I usually got up early in the morning, but yesterday I got up 9:30 Am. :blushing: It could happen to everyone when you've slept late at night and you're a little sick and...

Now can you see the problem? :wink:

Sleep during the day and stay awake during the night, as I usually do. Then you're never early and you're never late :wink:

Lisa! said:
So what's the best thing to do in a crappy day?

Post a lot on PF and then threaten the squirrels with a plunger.

Wow, there's no problem anymore . My friend who wanted to move, just called me and said she's here till February. Now I'm feeling wonderful.

Morals: after every crappy day, there's a wonderful day.:rolleyes:
and after every wonderful day, there's a crappy day. :grumpy:

SpaceTiger said:
Post a lot on PF and then threaten the squirrels with a plunger.
:rofl: In fact, I'm doing that but I just don't want to admit it. :tongue:

Watch out - the squirrels and birds have formed an alliance. They're stealing keys and committing all sorts of mayhem. Serves you right, I say. :tongue2:

honestrosewater said:
Watch out - the squirrels and birds have formed an alliance. They're stealing keys and committing all sorts of mayhem. Serves you right, I say. :tongue2:

*SpaceTiger releases a flock of birds to steal honestrosewater's keys*

Muahahaha, Occam's Razor will be your undoing!

SpaceTiger said:
*SpaceTiger releases a flock of birds to steal honestrosewater's keys*
Meh, a bird couldn't carry my keys. Unless... they're not African swallows, are they?!? :uhh:
Muahahaha, Occam's Razor will be your undoing!
Why is it that ever since I decided to cut back on the lewd comments (17 hours and 23 minutes ago), Temptation is everywhere? :devil:
...17 hours and 24 minutes... :frown:

honestrosewater said:
Meh, a bird couldn't carry my keys. Unless... they're not African swallows, are they?!? :uhh:

Don't worry, they are non-migratory.
I am such a nerd!

honestrosewater said:
Why is it that ever since I decided to cut back on the lewd comments (17 hours and 23 minutes ago), Temptation is everywhere? :devil:

Such foolishness. Lewd comments are what separate us from the mongeese.

matthyaouw said:
Don't worry, they are non-migratory.
I am such a nerd!
:rofl:
Hey, then what does that say about me? I think I'm just eclectic.
SpaceTiger said:
Such foolishness. Lewd comments are what separate us from the mongeese.
Oh... and all this time I thought it was what separated us from the mongooses. :tongue2: That and our irregular plurals.

Are you sure it's a crappy day? :tongue2:

Have you been dipping into the giggle water again?

Man I've been having a crappy week. I think I am going to go to an elementary school and start pounding kids to cool off friday

Pengwuino said:
Man I've been having a crappy week. I think I am going to go to an elementary school and start pounding kids to cool off friday
I thought you were dead.

Sorry, that probably doesn't cheer you up much.

waddle waddle

Any day that starts before noon is not worth living.:grumpy:
Unfortunately, I go to work at 10:00 am.

honestrosewater said:
Oh... and all this time I thought it was what separated us from the mongooses. :tongue2: That and our irregular plurals.

The mongeese got to you, didn't they?

SpaceTiger said:
The mongeese got to you, didn't they?
Yes, but I taught them how to completely demoralize and distract their predators through the art of taunting, and they think I'm a god. They forgave me for mistaking them for meerkats (:redface:) and have given me the second largest termite mound as my Olympus. There's plenty of room for some other gods and goddesses. Take your pick: Sky, Sea, War, Fertility, Ascots - they're all up for grabs. Goddess of Wisdom & Dirty Jokes is taken. :approve:

Last edited:
honestrosewater said:
Yes, but I taught them how to completely demoralize and distract their predators through the art of taunting, and they think I'm a god. They forgave me for mistaking them for meerkats (:redface:) and have given me the second largest termite mound as my Olympus. There's plenty of room for some other gods and goddesses. Take your pick: Sky, Sea, War, Fertility, Ascots - they're all up for grabs. Goddess of Wisdom & Dirty Jokes is taken. :approve:
Ooh, I want to be a fertility goddess! Their worshippers have the best rituals. :biggrin:

Have you been dipping into the giggle water again?
:rofl:

So the only Olympians are honestrosewater, goddess of Wisdom and Dirty Jokes, and Moonbear, goddess of Fertility and Sensible Shoe Collections (I'm throwing that one in for free :biggrin:)?

I guess I'll have to think up a creation myth so we can get some men.