Ghost Hunters: Roto-Rooter's Extraordinary Side Job

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Job
In summary, the conversation discusses various paranormal shows, specifically the Ghost Hunters on the Sci-fi Channel and Most Haunted on the Travel Channel. The participants share their opinions and experiences with these shows, discussing the credibility of the investigations and the evidence presented. They also mention the website of the Atlantic Paranormal Society and the upcoming episode where they will re-investigate a previous sighting of an apparition. The conversation ends with a discussion about cable TV issues.
laminatedevildoll said:
Do you mean the girl who told Grant and Steve that the heating/water system isn't supposed to work but it does because of a ghost or something?
Yes, I didn't trust her. :devil:

Physics news on Phys.org
I was very peeved off when I saw the Queen Mary episode and the covers moving by themselves. I think it was the gal too because of her lack of reaction when TAPS informed her of the hoax. :mad:

Kerrie said:
I was very peeved off when I saw the Queen Mary episode and the covers moving by themselves. I think it was the gal too because of her lack of reaction when TAPS informed her of the hoax. :mad:

Yeah, she was acting pretty funny.

Btw, a bunch of drunk engineers and I ditched a party at the QM and, having found an unlocked door that gave us free access, we spent a few hours exploring the bowels of the ship. It was a little spooky in the shower area near the pool where a girl's apparition is often reported. And we all got the creeps once or twice, but what really made my eyes water was the human skeleton that we found sitting in a chair... We had stumbled upon the section of the ship used for Holloween tours.

Oooh, the previews for next week's show looked interesting.

Evo said:
Oooh, the previews for next week's show looked interesting.
Yeah, they do look interesting. One of them is a hotel I believe.
On yesterday's show, I thought they'd have some good evidence for that castle looking pen where they shot 'something something redemption.' I mean, they had their own personal experiences and stuff, but they only got that one video of that light moving around.
And as for Lizzie Borden's house, they didn't get any sort of evidence except for that loud bang. I am still not convinced how Grant debunked that indentation of the bed story.

Last edited:
Ghost Hunters is on tonight!

Yay! I stocked up on junk food for tonight's episode. :approve:

Evo said:
Yay! I stocked up on junk food for tonight's episode. :approve:

Ah, junk food and spirits go great together. :biggrin:

Wow, was that man that they captured on the infra red?

(yeah, ghost hunting and junk food = good times :tongue2: )

Good show tonight, worth the snacks. I will be watching the Halloween show. :biggrin:

Evo said:
Yeah, a man with a hat, dressed in army clothing. Wow!

Evo said:

That and the video of the medium was most interesting. If only there were controls... Taken at face value they seem to have captured some of the best evidence for ghosts that I've ever seen. Of course I have felt better evidence. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
the video of the medium was most interesting.
That was unusual, they should go back and do more filming. The video of the man was unmistakable, when I first saw it I thought a janitor working there was with them, then Grant asked what the heck that was and I realized that they were alone. Weird.

Just got the opportunity to watch the show with the medium and the reflection of the man. I found the "2" interesting that it was so bright on their cameras. But the colors of whatever that was while the medium gave the reading was incredible!

It gives me an idea for a reality show.

Take a different set of people each show to some remote location that none of thm have heard of and don't tell them if it is really supposedly haunted or not. Just that they have a 50% chance of staying in a haunted location but they will be givin a spookey story for every location that may or may not be real.

Great to watch the histeria in non-haunted and supposedly haunted locations...

Then at the beginning of every show, have statistics of the shows per capita total success at determining the haunting of a location.

IE:
Of 350 participants to date:
125 felt a location was haunted that was not haunted.
100 felt that a reportedly haunted location was not haunted.
125 felt a location was haunted that reportedly was haunted.

And at the end you hear the verdict from each person individually and their reaction upon hearing the truth.

It'd be an entertaining study of human reaction, histeria, haunting. All in one fun package. Put them together so we can watch them spread the horror. Tell them chilling fake stories about the fake locations and real ones.

Personally I'd love it! :devil:

Ooooh, I'm watching the "Scariest Places on Earth" telethon on ABC Family channel. I love this show. :biggrin:

Last edited:
TheAntiRelative said:
It gives me an idea for a reality show.
Take a different set of people each show to some remote location that none of thm have heard of and don't tell them if it is really supposedly haunted or not. Just that they have a 50% chance of staying in a haunted location but they will be givin a spookey story for every location that may or may not be real.
Great to watch the histeria in non-haunted and supposedly haunted locations...

Variations on this idea have been done a number of times on a few shows. Debunking, investigations, and obvious boloney are all quite big these days. The reactions that I saw were predicable enough. Obviously some people will get spooked given the proper setting.

Evo said:
Ooooh, I'm watching the "Scariest Places on Earth" telethon on ABC Family channel. I love this show. :biggrin:
That voice between each of the sections is sort of creepy.
Those students always tend to scream a lot...

I like the family ones. You put a group of people in a scary, faraway place, tell them stories to frighten them, tell them they will be affected, and then wait for them to scare themselves. I mean, who wouldn't get scared?

I couldn't watch that last one about the lodge, it was too fake. :yuck:

Evo said:
I like the family ones. You put a group of people in a scary, faraway place, tell them stories to frighten them, tell them they will be affected, and then wait for them to scare themselves. I mean, who wouldn't get scared?
I couldn't watch that last one about the lodge, it was too fake. :yuck:

Yeah, very true.

But I do wish they'd air Ghost Hunters more often, say twice a week at least! I am sort of addicted to that show. I remember a time when scifi aired many episodes of Ghost Hunters for an entire evening. It was really fun. For instance that last episode was the best I've seen so far in terms of evidence. But it's mind-boggling to think that apparitions actually exist when you can actually detect them from a thermal imaging camera etc. I am not sure if there's any other sound explanation for what they caught that time. Doesn't that sort of stuff change science?

I'd like to see Ghost Hunters twice a week.

Unfortunately there were no scientific controls in place, so it's no more than, "we don't have an explanation". It doesn't mean that there aren't normal explanations, but as it stands, I thought it was cool and that's all that matters. :tongue2:

TV dilema tonight. All on at the same time:

TLC - Possesed Possesions
Discovery - Haunting, all new episodes
History Channel - Plague

Due to the lightning hit I have no VCR's.

Which one do I watch?

Evo said:
TV dilema tonight. All on at the same time:
TLC - Possesed Possesions
Discovery - Haunting, all new episodes
History Channel - Plague
Due to the lightning hit I have no VCR's.
Which one do I watch?
Don't worry Evo, you can watch most of the wonderful programs without the VCR or DVR, you just have to be willing to stay up late. All the shows repeat at midnight.
They also will be repating later on this week. Check the listing on their sites:
http://dsc.discovery.com/tvlistings/schedule.jsp?channel=DSC&date=today"
http://tlc.discovery.com/tvlistings/schedule.jsp?date=today&channel=TLC&click=tlc_leftnav"
http://www.historychannel.com/global/listings/listings_weekly.jsp?fromYear=2005&fromMonth=9&fromDate=30&NetwCode=THC&timezone=1&View=Weekly&&fromTime=18"
Tonight you should be able to get two thirds of what you want, you'll have to wait for the rest.
Or you can change channels so fast that you watch all three of them at once!:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, thanks polyb! :approve:

Your always welcome Lady Evo!

i am going for possessed possessions!

Ghost Hunters is on again tomorrow! I cannot believe I survived more than a week without watching it! Time to bring out the junk food again :)

Yay! Ghost hunters tonight! I will be hiding upstairs in the dark watching it with piles of junk food. :approve:

Last night's show wasn't bad. That EVP from the carriage house of a 'slave woman' supposedly calling for help was sort of freaky...

I cannot believe Brian is back!

Also that footage of the mist forming in the video and also the short black shadowy going back and forth in the brewery was again sort of weird... :uhh:

Is Ghost Hunters on again on Wednesday? :confused:

Last edited:
Ghost Hunter 6 hour marathon tomorrow starting at 6pm Central time!

Well now at least I have the semblence of a reason for a day trip to Savannah!:biggrin:
I hope Moon River beer is good! Hey, that's enough reason to go for me!:tongue2:
I really like that shadow, it was cool!:approve:

Wait, did the season finish or something?? Ghost Hunters is not on next week!

They have 4 hours scheduled on the 16th and then nothing until 12-9! :cry:

The new season of ghost hunters is here!