Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Girl Advice

1. Oct 21, 2008 #1
    No more of these threads. Please stop with them. They are getting old fast. If you are over the age of 18, please turn to friends/family for dating advice. Live and learn, make mistakes and move on. But for God's sake, stop posting in here about some girl that farted in your direction in lecture and now you think she is in love with you. Some of these anti-social posts are downright creepy. Seek professional help.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 21, 2008 #2
    In some countries that would be considered a wedding vow.:devil:

4. Oct 21, 2008 #3
    Leave me and my cousin out of this.

5. Oct 21, 2008 #4

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

hee hee. I saw this thread title and thought, "oh god, Cyrus has fallen in love".

6. Oct 21, 2008 #5

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl:

But Cyrus, this forum is frequented by young people. And a lot of young people have doubts and anxieties about relationships.

So, I think it's inevitable that girls (or boys) will be on their minds.

7. Oct 21, 2008 #6
    People over 18 should have a clue.

8. Oct 21, 2008 #7
    I'd like you all to meet Mrs. Cyrus-is-hard, we got married last week in bora bora.

Hiyoooooooo.

9. Oct 21, 2008 #8

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It's frequented by physicists - are you going to start asking for fashion advice on programming.reddit?

10. Oct 21, 2008 #9

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

But you've seen some posts on this forum...a lot don't.

11. Oct 21, 2008 #10
    There is a age where you have to just say............well...........too bad kiddo.

There are enough threads out there with advice for the clueless to read up on by using the search function.

12. Oct 21, 2008 #11

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

They post these questions in GD, not quantum mechanics.

Besides, a lot of people here are smart, friendly, and have a lot of life experience - where else might they find such people?

13. Oct 21, 2008 #12
    Congrats, Cy! You finally found your sole mate... :biggrin:

14. Oct 21, 2008 #13
    Room mates, or class mates, or friends. You don't build social skills talking to people on a physics forum.

15. Oct 21, 2008 #14

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Uh, so there's this girl, uh, I'm not sure if she likes me but I think she likes me but I don't know but she might like my best friend but she seems to like me. What should I do?

16. Oct 21, 2008 #15

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Really? I knew it wasn't possible - I knew it must be a rant.

17. Oct 21, 2008 #16
    How many times do I have to tell you. The girl from the internet does not count as a girlfriend.

18. Oct 21, 2008 #17

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No way, dude. Marriages in Bora Bora are not legally binding unless the couple has lived there for at least a month. I looked it up.

QED: I'm not ironing your Perry Ellis socks or making you any koobideh.

19. Oct 21, 2008 #18

Straight to the moon!

20. Oct 21, 2008 #19

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

21. Oct 22, 2008 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: Oh, c'mon, we all know women don't fart in front of men until they've gotten a ring on the finger (and you wonder why so many men think pulling your finger has something to do with it). :uhh:

I was just confused. Then I thought maybe one had fallen for him and he didn't know how to shake her off, but what are the odds of that? :tongue:

Sure you can. If they're physics majors, their classmates and friends may be even more geeky than the folks they meet here. We're not all physics majors here. :wink:

Accessorize! This is a good time of year to find a nice selection of gloves for sale. :biggrin: :devil:

I think we need to set up an FAQ thread with links to all these other advice threads. Let's prioritize them. I think before we let them move on to the intermediate course on "Does she like me?" we need to first get them through the introductory, "How do I get dressed in the morning?" threads. :uhh:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?