Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Girl question

1. Apr 27, 2005 #1
    Theres a girl in my grade. I kind of like her and she might like me. How should i ask her if she likes me? When shes walking down the hall or something talking to one of her friends and i come by she stops and acts all wierd. Help me please.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2005 #2
    It's not a good idea to actually ask a girl if she likes you because then you'll probably be seen as too direct. Just ask her if she wants to have a cup of coffee and see what happens is usually the best way to find out! Good luck. :smile:

4. Apr 27, 2005 #3
    Don't ask her if she likes you! This will appear guarded and wimpish. Just talk to her normally and get to know each other and if she's worth it then she'll like you. Don't stress about it. And don't come out and ask her if she likes you! She'll feel awkward and pressured. Just be yourself ; )

5. Apr 27, 2005 #4
    You're 13 eh? Cup of coffee might not work then. Hmmm it really depends on the local status quo. Ask to do something simple with you though, then if she likes you ask her to go out somewhere like movies, or whatever 'you' want to do.

I'd like to know what you mean by 'acts weird'. Exactly what does she do?

6. Apr 27, 2005 #5

Danger

Gold Member

You might want to kick that down to a pop or hot chocolate—he's 13. :wink:

edit: Dang! That Smurf sneaked in on me.

7. Apr 27, 2005 #6
    I don't know quiet, fidgety, just different.

8. Apr 27, 2005 #7

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Would it be too infra dig to say you like her? According to you it's the truth, and if she selectlively fidgets when you're around it's a safe bet she'd like to hear it. Not to go overboard, but just a simple remark.

9. Apr 27, 2005 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Yeah, if she acts weird around you she likes you. :smile:

10. Apr 27, 2005 #9
    Yea but she doesnt talk to me or anything. Is she waiting for me to talk to her?

11. Apr 27, 2005 #10
    Or you just creep her out.

12. Apr 27, 2005 #11

Evo

Probably. Do you have any friends in common with her?

I remember how I met my first boyfriend when I was 14. It was after a rock concert and I was waiting for my mother to come pick me up. Suddenly two boys surrounded me and started doing a scene from Shakespeare with me in the center of it. There were probably 400-500 people watching. Needless to say, he got my phone number. :shy:

13. Apr 27, 2005 #12
    Pfft, you bet she is. Rare are the girls that will initiate something with a guy they like.
    If you want to be sly, you could always ambush her somewhere like the Library. Here's a hypothetical situation: She's sitting in the Library, you see her and sit down at the next table or so. In a little bit (as in, not emediately) get up and ask her something about your homework, then thank her, and go back and sit down. A minute later you get up again and just talk to her, start by asking her about herself.

14. Apr 27, 2005 #13
    Yes! Another excellent idea, make a fool of yourself! (I'm serious, if you're that kind of person go for it.)

15. Apr 27, 2005 #14

Danger

Gold Member

Does this still work on you? Shakespeare isn't really my thing, but I can do a passable Bullwinkle... :biggrin:

16. Apr 27, 2005 #15

Evo

Women like men with the guts to be different. Like wearing a dress to school. You have to have hutspah to carry off something like that. That would get my attention. :smile:

17. Apr 27, 2005 #16
    Mmmm, It did get a few girl's attention. I remember sitting in one of my classes that day and I glanced through the window on the door... There were 3 girls there (who I didnt know) jumping up and down mouthing 'I love you' and making gestures with their hands (you know, holding over their heart and then pointing at me).

But in the end it didn't help much, the girl I'm with now doesn't really appreciate all of my stunts.

18. Apr 27, 2005 #17

Evo

Bullwinkle: Watch me take a rabbit out of my hat.

My all time favorite is Elmer fudd and Bugs Bunny in Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen. (aka kill the Wabbit)

19. Apr 27, 2005 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmm...13, huh? Isn't that the age where you're supposed to ask your best friend to ask her best friend to ask her if she likes you, and then she tells her best friend who tells your best friend who tells you the answer, and then if it's yes, you ask your best friend to ask her best friend to ask her if she wants to go to a movie with you, or for a burger somewhere, or for ice cream or something like that, and then she tells her best friend to tell your best friend to tell you that the answer is yes, but she needs to ask her parents first, so you tell your best friend to tell her best friend...

Or have 13 year olds gotten more direct than they used to be?

Just ask her if she wants to go to a movie with you or get ice cream, or whatever the thing is folks your age do where you live. :wink:

20. Apr 27, 2005 #19

Evo

See, you would have caught my attention right away. But my friends were the type that pushed the envelope, but were also the smartest kids in the school, so got away with a bit more.

21. Apr 28, 2005 #20

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Spear and magic hellllmet.....

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?