Girl question

• Thread starter Someone502
  • Start date
as an addendum : whatever you do, make sure she laughs her ass off...

marlon

I would advise against cheesy pick up lines, like "Hey baby, nice bosons" or "Damn, girl! I'd like to collapse your wave function!"

Just not a good idea.

[tex]Pi[/tex]

The Rev

NEVER BRING UP SCIENCE IN ITS MOST DIRECT MANIFESTATION...

and talk about what she likes, you must be interested in her micro-universe...Then , when you are living together, adapt yours to her universe or you will end up in a wavefunction-collapse

marlon

BUT once again : GO FOR THE DINNER :biggrin:

marlon said:

and talk about what she likes, you must be interested in her micro-universe...Then , when you are living together, adapt yours to her universe or you will end up in a wavefunction-collapse

marlon

BUT once again : GO FOR THE DINNER :biggrin:

Instead of wavefunctions, sometimes, at that point, nerves will collapse. I have even observed meltdowns and breakdowns, especially in cold temperatures, when there's like 4h light per day.

Oh, yeah, some advice also: Marlon's dinner suggestion can't go wrong. If you sing or play an instrument, dazzling her with a performanse isn't a bad idea either.

Last edited:
Thanks Joel

marlon

you clearly know how women 'work'

Your welcome, Marlon.

But this time I was just a parrot.

Joel said:
But this time I was just a parrot.

Don't worry, that proves intelligence...being a parrot can be a very efficient way of operating

marlon

Smurf said:
You're 13 eh? Cup of coffee might not work then. Hmmm it really depends on the local status quo. Ask to do something simple with you though, then if she likes you ask her to go out somewhere like movies, or whatever 'you' want to do.

I'd like to know what you mean by 'acts weird'. Exactly what does she do?

And i thought i was gonna be the first one to notice.

I would give advice, but people who follow my advice end up like me, so i'll spare you and not accelerate the inevitable jadedness.

Evo
Mentor
I would love a guy to make dinner for me. Excellent advice. Also poetry and if you play an instrument that is wonderful. A guy wrote me a poem then recorded himself reading it, first in Italian (his language), then translated into English and gave me the cd in a case that he did a beautiful art cover for. Girls love that kind of thing. He also made me cds of music that he composed and played. These personal things are so much more touching than something bought at a store.

if you write poetry, make sure it is not lame. Keep it funny and witty...I once wrote a poem for my girlfriend, titled : what a woman she is...

If you speak Italian, you have a big advantange.

marlon

SpaceTiger
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
marlon said:

And avoid phrases like "direct manifestation". :biggrin:

SpaceTiger
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Smurf said:
Yes! Another excellent idea, make a fool of yourself!

So that's why I'm fighting them off with a stick... :uhh:

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Someone502 said:
Theres a girl in my grade. I kind of like her and she might like me. How should i ask her if she likes me? When shes walking down the hall or something talking to one of her friends and i come by she stops and acts all wierd. Help me please.
Do you know her name? Does she know yours?

If not, introduce yourself. As her if she would join you for lunch.

Music/movies are good topics. Hopefully, you'll have something in common.

What classes is she taking/what teacher?

What does she think about . . . .?

Make a list of topics - 5 or 6, maybe more, just in case there is little or no response.

If you don't know each other, dinner or poetry may be a little premature. If you do a poem, make it short and sweet.

Also consider Evo's advice, personal things for which you make an effort show more thought and consideration than something bought at a store.

Also be prepared for the fact that you might not be compatible, and then just be satisified that you made the effort and you made a new friend (hopefully you'll stay friends if it doesn't work out).

I hope things work out positively. :smile:

Evo
Mentor
I love guys that aren't afraid to be funny in public.

I'll never forget a chemical engineer I dated. We went to a restaurant with my best friend Cindy. She smoked cigarettes, and we didn't. We were sitting at the table and listening to a band that was playing and I turned to say something to him and he had a cigarette shoved up each nostril and one sticking out of each ear. :biggrin:

Evo said:
I love guys that aren't afraid to be funny in public.

I'll never forget a chemical engineer I dated. We went to a restaurant with my best friend Cindy. She smoked cigarettes, and we didn't. We were sitting at the table and listening to a band that was playing and I turned to say something to him and he had a cigarette shoved up each nostril and one sticking out of each ear. :biggrin:
!!!!

You mean some women actually appreciate that! WHY ARN'T THERE MORE WOMEN LIKE YOU EVO!? WHY!!!?? :uhh: :cry:

Smurf said:
!!!!

You mean some women actually appreciate that! WHY ARN'T THERE MORE WOMEN LIKE YOU EVO!? WHY!!!?? :uhh: :cry:

I doubt it if Evo is really telling the truth here. Besides, have you guys counted how many men Evo has dated up till this very last post ?

I mean, we have had the Shakespeare guys, the Italian, now the chemical cigarette guy, who will follow ?

regards
marlon

Evo
Mentor
marlon said:
I doubt it if Evo is really telling the truth here. Besides, have you guys counted how many men Evo has dated up till this very last post ?
Cigarette story is true. :approve:

I mean, we have had the Shakespeare guys, the Italian, now the chemical cigarette guy, who will follow ?
I rarely dated anyone longer than three months. By the third month you can usually tell if the person has "long term" potential and if they don't, no sense in prolonging the inevitable.

Last edited:
Danger
Gold Member
Evo said:
By the third month you can usually tell if the person has "long term" potential and if they don't, no sense in prologing the inevitable.
This explains the... (how many marriages was that again?)... :biggrin:

Ah, man...
"Why are women so much more interesting to men than men are to women?", Virginia Woolf dixit.
Begin to be acquaintanced with the idea.

antfm said:
Ah, man...
"Why are women so much more interesting to men than men are to women?", Virginia Woolf dixit.
Begin to be acquaintanced with the idea.

I think mrs Woolf did not have a clear view on the dating aspect of society

marlon

Evo said:
I rarely dated anyone longer than three months. By the third month you can usually tell if the person has "long term" potential and if they don't, no sense in prolonging the inevitable.

What criteria did you use in order to judge a guy's long term potential?

marlon