Conflicted Feelings: Moving On from High School

In summary, moving on from high school can be a time of conflicting emotions for many individuals. While it marks the end of a significant chapter in one's life, it also brings about the excitement and uncertainty of new beginnings. The nostalgia for the past and the fear of the future can create a sense of conflict within oneself. However, it is important to embrace these conflicting feelings and use them as motivation to grow and move forward. Whether it is pursuing higher education, starting a career, or exploring new opportunities, the process of moving on from high school is a natural and necessary part of life.
  • #1,576
Cyrus said:
That didn't work out so well for Vince of Shamwow

shamwow.jpg

Yeah, not yet that is. Somehow scumbags like this end up rich off of a TV series or reality show. Like that bounty hunter moron. Sometimes it pays to be so stupid that it is scary.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,577
Saladsamurai said:
Clearly it already has spiraled out of control. You are asking for advice on intimacy on Physics Forums.

Ask about her molecular density and if she is actually experiencing super position with an evil twin. Or, give up on being miserable and split before its too late!

• #1,578
I don't know for sure but I guess you are correct!

Yes it seems so! :smile:

• #1,579
Saladsamurai said:
Yeah, not yet that is. Somehow scumbags like this end up rich off of a TV series or reality show. Like that bounty hunter moron. Sometimes it pays to be so stupid that it is scary.

What do you have against dog the bounty hunter? He's not that stupid.

• #1,580
Cyrus said:
What do you have against dog the bounty hunter? He's not that stupid.

I'll assume that this is just authentic Cyrus sarcasm.

• #1,581
Saladsamurai said:
I'll assume that this is just authentic Cyrus sarcasm.

No, not this time. What's wrong with dog the bounty hunter? How is he "stupid".

• #1,582
Cyrus said:
No, not this time. What's wrong with dog the bounty hunter? How is he "stupid".

I remember there was something about him allegedly making racist comments a while back.

• #1,583
TheStatutoryApe said:
I remember there was something about him allegedly making racist comments a while back.

His son was trying to marry a black woman (I believe) and he didn't approve of it. Watching the show, I honestly do not believe he is a racist. I even saw his black pastor on Larry King Live saying that Dog isn't a racist, he just says whatever he wants to say - which I can understand as he's a guy who was in jail at one point and works/lives on the streets. I think what he said was more a flaw of his temper and saying things out of anger than being a racist.

• #1,584
Cyrus said:
His son was trying to marry a black woman (I believe) and he didn't approve of it. Watching the show, I honestly do not believe he is a racist. I even saw his black pastor on Larry King Live saying that Dog isn't a racist, he just says whatever he wants to say - which I can understand as he's a guy who was in jail at one point and works/lives on the streets. I think what he said was more a flaw of his temper and saying things out of anger than being a racist.

Ah... I was unaware of how that all panned out. I vaguely remember something about him making an apology. I've never watched his show anyhow.

• #1,585
RUN! As far and as fast as you can! If she punched you because of anything, regardless that it was spilled water, what do you think is going to happen when you come home late or go hang out with the guys! I'll tell you it will escalate! There are plenty of girls out there, find one that don't resort to Battery!

<h2>1. What are conflicted feelings?</h2><p>Conflicted feelings refer to experiencing two or more conflicting emotions at the same time. This can often lead to confusion, uncertainty, and difficulty in making decisions.</p><h2>2. Why do high school students experience conflicted feelings when moving on?</h2><p>High school students are at a transitional stage in their lives, where they are leaving behind the familiar and entering into the unknown. This can trigger a range of emotions such as excitement, fear, sadness, and anxiety, leading to conflicted feelings.</p><h2>3. How can one cope with conflicted feelings when moving on from high school?</h2><p>It is important to acknowledge and accept your conflicted feelings. Talk to someone you trust, such as a friend or family member, about your emotions. Engage in self-care activities, such as exercise, journaling, or meditation, to help manage your emotions. Seek support from a therapist if needed.</p><h2>4. Is it normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school?</h2><p>Yes, it is completely normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school. It is a significant milestone in one's life, and it is natural to experience a range of emotions during this transition.</p><h2>5. How long do conflicted feelings about moving on from high school last?</h2><p>The duration of conflicted feelings can vary for each individual. It depends on the person's coping mechanisms, support system, and the significance of the transition. It is essential to give yourself time and be patient with your emotions.</p>

1. What are conflicted feelings?

Conflicted feelings refer to experiencing two or more conflicting emotions at the same time. This can often lead to confusion, uncertainty, and difficulty in making decisions.

2. Why do high school students experience conflicted feelings when moving on?

High school students are at a transitional stage in their lives, where they are leaving behind the familiar and entering into the unknown. This can trigger a range of emotions such as excitement, fear, sadness, and anxiety, leading to conflicted feelings.

3. How can one cope with conflicted feelings when moving on from high school?

It is important to acknowledge and accept your conflicted feelings. Talk to someone you trust, such as a friend or family member, about your emotions. Engage in self-care activities, such as exercise, journaling, or meditation, to help manage your emotions. Seek support from a therapist if needed.

4. Is it normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school?

Yes, it is completely normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school. It is a significant milestone in one's life, and it is natural to experience a range of emotions during this transition.

5. How long do conflicted feelings about moving on from high school last?

The duration of conflicted feelings can vary for each individual. It depends on the person's coping mechanisms, support system, and the significance of the transition. It is essential to give yourself time and be patient with your emotions.