Git me a Wild Turkey and 7-up and I'll think about it.

• Thread starter Tsu
  • Start date
In summary, "Git me a Wild Turkey and 7-up and I'll think about it." is a colloquial phrase often used in a sarcastic or lighthearted manner, meaning "give me a drink and I'll consider your request" or "let me have a moment to think about it." It is a common saying, particularly in the southern region of the United States, and is often used in informal settings among friends or acquaintances. Wild Turkey is specified in the phrase to emphasize the idea of taking a break or having a drink before considering something, and 7-up is mentioned as it is often mixed with Wild Turkey to make a cocktail. It is not recommended to use this phrase in a professional setting,
Tsu
Gold Member
"Git me a Wild Turkey and 7-up and I'll think about it."

It's been driving me NUTS! What book (movie?) is this line from?

Physics news on Phys.org
How many turkey will you give if someone answers your question?:wink:

ALL of them! :rofl:

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? :confused:

I wish I knew the answer!:cry: By the way I feel like you when I can't remmember something.:grumpy::wink:

Thelma and Louise?

I didn't find it in either of the scripts. :frown:

Enter the Dragon?

:tongue2:

1. What is "Git me a Wild Turkey and 7-up and I'll think about it." referring to?

"Git me a Wild Turkey and 7-up and I'll think about it." is a colloquial phrase meaning "give me a drink and I'll consider your request" or "let me have a moment to think about it." It is often used in a sarcastic or lighthearted manner.

2. Is "Git me a Wild Turkey and 7-up and I'll think about it." a common saying?

Yes, it is a common saying, particularly in the southern region of the United States. It is often used in informal settings among friends or acquaintances.

3. Why is Wild Turkey specified in the phrase?

Wild Turkey is a brand of bourbon whiskey, which is a type of alcohol often associated with relaxation and taking a moment to think. Therefore, it is likely used in the phrase to emphasize the idea of taking a break or having a drink before considering something.

4. Is there a specific reason why 7-up is mentioned?

7-up is a type of lemon-lime flavored soda, which is often mixed with whiskey to make a cocktail. The mention of 7-up in the phrase could be a nod to the tradition of mixing Wild Turkey with 7-up.

5. Can I use "Git me a Wild Turkey and 7-up and I'll think about it." in a professional setting?

It is not recommended to use this phrase in a professional setting, as it is considered informal and may not be appropriate in certain contexts. It is better to use a more direct and professional way of expressing the same sentiment.