1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Give physics another shot?

1. Jun 15, 2010 #1
    So, I'm a mathematics major, and certainly plan to graduate with a mathematics degree. However, I'm also interested in quantum physics and relativity. I took a Foundations of Physics class (Newtonian mechanics) my freshman year and found that I didn't like it very much, and I think that's mainly because I loathed having to memorize equations for certain systems and I also never really understood the explanations as well as I would have liked. However, recently I've read a math based quantum mechanics book and enjoyed it very much (since I've finished single-variable calculus and some lin. algebra). I don't have any interest in majoring in physics, but a minor might be nice. I was wondering if I should try doing the foundations sequence again (I only did one term of it frosh year) considering that it might be worth my time and also because I'm more well versed in calculus now?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted