Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Giving Thanks

1. Nov 22, 2005 #1

Aether

Gold Member

Thank you Physics Forums staff, administrators, and helpers. Your patience and professionalism is greatly appreciated!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 22, 2005 #2

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Gobble Gobble!

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving.

4. Nov 22, 2005 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Thanks Aether!

I want to take the time to thank all of the wonderful members here that make PF such a nice, friendly, and fun place to learn and get to know one another. :approve:

5. Nov 22, 2005 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Uh oh, Aether, what have you done? :biggrin: Sorry...that sort of thanks out of the blue reminds me of when a kid suddenly tells their parents how much he loves them...just before telling them what he just broke.

Thanks. And thanks to all the wonderful members who make this an enjoyable place to visit and share the joy of learning.

6. Nov 22, 2005 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

For about the last six months we have had two families of turkeys living on the property or in the area. On a daily or semi-daily basis, I've watched the babies grow from chicks, to big, fat, dinner worthy turkeys. But, amazingly, about a week before Thanksgiving, they all disappeared.

Coincidence? It's like I always say, never underestimate a turkey.

7. Nov 22, 2005 #6

-Job-

Science Advisor

Not such a coincidence if we consider the possibility that someone actually caught them. :smile:

8. Nov 22, 2005 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It doesn't seem likely. We're pretty remote. I think it's a genuine thankgiving mystery. :uhh:

:biggrin:

9. Nov 23, 2005 #8
    A big thanks from me

I'm betting the turkeys will be back on 11/25:smile:

10. Nov 23, 2005 #9

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Perhaps the birds have watching you drool at them and keeping an eye on the calendar. Seems like this is a good time for a smart turkey to find the center of a blackberry thicket and just sleep till next January! Maybe they have noted that any baby birds out strutting around in the late fall seem to vanish! They say wild turkeys are pretty smart.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?