Giving Thanks: A Big Thank You to Physics Forums Staff

• Thread starter Aether
  • Start date
In summary, the turkeys went missing a week before Thanksgiving, but I'm not so sure it was a coincidence. I'm betting they will be back next month.
Aether
Gold Member
Thank you Physics Forums staff, administrators, and helpers. Your patience and professionalism is greatly appreciated!

Physics news on Phys.org
Gobble Gobble!

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving.

Thanks Aether!

I want to take the time to thank all of the wonderful members here that make PF such a nice, friendly, and fun place to learn and get to know one another. :approve:

Uh oh, Aether, what have you done? :biggrin: Sorry...that sort of thanks out of the blue reminds me of when a kid suddenly tells their parents how much he loves them...just before telling them what he just broke.

Thanks. And thanks to all the wonderful members who make this an enjoyable place to visit and share the joy of learning.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

For about the last six months we have had two families of turkeys living on the property or in the area. On a daily or semi-daily basis, I've watched the babies grow from chicks, to big, fat, dinner worthy turkeys. But, amazingly, about a week before Thanksgiving, they all disappeared.

Coincidence? It's like I always say, never underestimate a turkey.

Not such a coincidence if we consider the possibility that someone actually caught them. :smile:

-Job- said:
Not such a coincidence if we consider the possibility that someone actually caught them. :smile:

It doesn't seem likely. We're pretty remote. I think it's a genuine thankgiving mystery. :uhh:

:biggrin:

A big thanks from me

I'm betting the turkeys will be back on 11/25:smile:

Perhaps the birds have watching you drool at them and keeping an eye on the calendar. Seems like this is a good time for a smart turkey to find the center of a blackberry thicket and just sleep till next January! Maybe they have noted that any baby birds out strutting around in the late fall seem to vanish! They say wild turkeys are pretty smart.

1. What inspired you to write "Giving Thanks: A Big Thank You to Physics Forums Staff"?

As a scientist, I have always been grateful for the support and resources provided by the Physics Forums staff. I wanted to express my appreciation and recognize their contributions to the scientific community.

2. How has the Physics Forums staff helped you in your scientific pursuits?

The Physics Forums staff has always been available to answer my questions and provide valuable insights and perspectives on various scientific topics. They have also created a platform for collaboration and discussion with other researchers, which has been immensely helpful in my work.

3. What makes the Physics Forums staff stand out compared to other scientific communities?

The Physics Forums staff stands out because of their dedication to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all members. They also have a vast and diverse pool of experts who are always willing to share their knowledge and help others learn.

4. How has being a member of Physics Forums impacted your career as a scientist?

Being a member of Physics Forums has provided me with a platform to learn from and connect with other scientists from around the world. It has also helped me stay updated on the latest research and advancements in my field, which has been beneficial for my career growth.

5. Is there anyone in particular from the Physics Forums staff that you would like to thank?

I would like to thank all the members of the Physics Forums staff for their hard work and dedication in maintaining this wonderful community. Each and every one of them plays a crucial role in making Physics Forums a valuable resource for scientists and students alike.