Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Glad to be here

1. Dec 28, 2014 #1
    Hello,

I'm interested in physics and mathematics, and this forum was recommended to me. I'm looking forward to participate.

Best wishes,
    Philip

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 28, 2014 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF!

What's your favorite physics topic?

4. Dec 28, 2014 #3
    Thank you!

I should say classical physics in general, even if I do have a basic understanding of relativity: I'm trying in fact to rehearse my previous knowledge in order to extend it. Thanks for asking!

5. Dec 28, 2014 #4

jedishrfu

Thats great. There's a book by Susskind called Classical Mechanics, The Theoretical Minimum that can help with some of your understanding and for Relativity there is a book by Sander Bais called Very Special Relativity that succinctly presents the theory using spacetime graphs and other diagrams.

6. Dec 28, 2014 #5
    Sounds great, much appreciated. I discovered the website with Susskind's lectures, on which the book is based: I hope not to get lost too quickly because of the math level.

7. Dec 28, 2014 #6

jedishrfu

Mostly you need to be familiar with Calculus and vectors.

8. Dec 28, 2014 #7
    I'm going to rehearse these first: they are not new to me, but there's definitely some rust that has to be removed. :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook