Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gloat gloat gloat

1. Sep 10, 2007 #1

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I went over to the, "Original" Scienceforums.net (SFN)to see how it was going. and I saw this info on their home page:
    Compare that to ours:
    I think this is a clear indicator of the standards kept here at this forum by our administrators and moderators. Keep the integrity going. Well done!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 10, 2007 #2
    Maybe SFN counts only the human users. :wink:

4. Sep 10, 2007 #3

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've never been on that forum. I am very pleased I found this one first though. I doubt many others could be better.

5. Sep 10, 2007 #4

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I tooled around there before joining PF (four years ago now!) I was quickly irritated by the overwhelming presence of crackpottery. The upstart "theScienceForum.com" is even more absurd.

6. Sep 11, 2007 #5

Danger

Gold Member

Well, PF is my first and only. At any given time, probably about 90% of the 'users' are spiders, but so what? That only helps the site, in my opinion. You wouldn't believe the number of times that I've Googled something and found that the first 2 or 3 hits were on PF. (One was actually me, which is kind of frightening, in a way.)
    I always vistit and read 'How Stuff Works' and 'Gizmag', but this is absolutely the only place where I post, and where I care about the people to whom I'm posting. (And, in fact, the only one that I'm registered on.)

7. Sep 11, 2007 #6

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

This is the only forum I'm really active on. Are there any other science forums even close to the same caliber as this one?

(This is where Greg chimes in, "NO! NO THERE ISN'T! YOU WILL STAY HERE!:biggrin:)

8. Sep 11, 2007 #7

Danger

Gold Member

Given the wording of the question, I believe that his actual response would be, "NO! NO THERE AREN'T!" etc.. :tongue:

9. Sep 11, 2007 #8
    http://foru.ms/forumdisplay.php?f=425-creationism.html

enjoy :biggrin: :biggrin:

there's always the forums on moon-hoax videos on youtube too...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  10. Sep 11, 2007 #9
    There was a time early on when I cared about people discussing and mentioning different communities, but not anymore. Those who are attracted to those other places from PF will only make PF better :biggrin: But no, there is no place like PF, not even close.

Also Danger, Spiders only make up about 30% of the guests now, but depending on their indexing schedule it can change quite a bit.

11. Sep 11, 2007 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I wonder if that forum would be up for a softball game with PF? A creationists vs. evolutionists game would either be really fun or it would be a complete disaster. Might make a good reality show in any case. :smile:

12. Sep 11, 2007 #11

Danger

Gold Member

Well, my functional hours have changed one hell of a lot since W came along. No more 1-6am computer shifts when I used to get stuff done. The spider count does seem to be a bit lower during daylight hours.
    'Early to bed, early to rise, keeps the Cree from poking out your eyes.' I'm pretty much up at 7:30 and in bed before midnight now. :grumpy:
    But it's worth it, 'cause I actually love the old broad.

Hmmm... before the emphysema set in, I was a fairly well-regarded pitcher. Is there some way that we can implement this without me having to move?

13. Sep 11, 2007 #12

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Football (soccer), or football American style (tackle without pads or helmet), or Aussie football, or Rugby. :biggrin:

14. Sep 11, 2007 #13

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I was going to suggest cricket as an alternative :tongue:

15. Sep 11, 2007 #14

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Bah, how about a real sport like Starcraft or Magic: the Gathering?

16. Sep 11, 2007 #15

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

They would probably insist on playing Black and White in that case. I wouldn't be averse to playing football since it is my fave :biggrin:

17. Sep 11, 2007 #16

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Hey. I've got a suitcase of M:tG cards collecting dust. Maybe I should burn em for heat.

18. Sep 11, 2007 #17

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

OOPS!!! O well, I better make a visit to GrammerForums.com and brush up!:biggrin:

19. Sep 11, 2007 #18

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If it was, they should have gone to SpellingForums.com before registering that domain name. :wink:

20. Sep 11, 2007 #19

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

OK! So, I'm not having a good day in the language department!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?