When will the global smoking ban finally be implemented?

• Thread starter Jordan Joab
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Global
In summary, there is currently no global smoking ban in place and it may take a while to implement due to the lack of a global government. Some individuals have suggested a 300% tax on cigarette sales and labeling smokers as terrorists, but others argue for treating smokers with understanding and sympathy. Some places have already implemented bans on indoor smoking, but there is debate over whether or not outdoor smoking should also be banned. Overall, there are differing opinions on the issue of smoking and potential solutions for reducing its harmful effects.

cristo said:
I think you need some help: it's not normal to want to fight or kill people because they smoke.
Because they smoke in places they are not supposed to smoke, you move away yet their smoke reaches you despite your best efforts, or you politely ask them not to smoke in your house yet they light one up anyways (I threw him out of my house).

Anyways, I only want to beat them up, not kill them. Violence is the best problem solver.

Physics news on Phys.org

Jordan Joab said:
Because they smoke in places they are not supposed to smoke, you move away yet their smoke reaches you despite your best efforts,
If someone is smoking in an illegal place, then you should tell them to stop. If you just sit by and moan quietly to yourself, then nothing is going to happen.

or you politely ask them not to smoke in your house yet they light one up anyways (I threw him out of my house).
Well, I would never allow someone into my house who would not abide by rules such as no smoking.
Anyways, I only want to beat them up, not kill them. Violence is the best problem solver.
There is no point in debating such nonsensical points.

cristo said:
If someone is smoking in an illegal place, then you should tell them to stop. If you just sit by and moan quietly to yourself, then nothing is going to happen.

Well, I would never allow someone into my house who would not abide by rules such as no smoking.

There is no point in debating such nonsensical points.

Yeah no point in debating anything actually. City governments are on my side on this issue anyways. Soon enough smoking will only be allowed at home ;)

Jordan Joab said:
Yeah no point in debating anything actually. City governments are on my side on this issue anyways. Soon enough smoking will only be allowed at home ;)

Where is your evidence that "city governments" support you going round and assaulting members of the public? Smoking is never going to be banned from open public areas (streets, etc) but yes, I support smoking bans in indoor public places. I don't support vigilante acts whereby you go around assaulting people you don't agree with.

We do NOT condone violence here. I think it's time to lock this thread if it has degraded to the point of discussing desires to commit violent acts toward other people.