Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Global warming and Godwin's law

1. Jul 3, 2005 #1
    I think that this thread would have a more accurate place under one of the Phylosophy threads, I post here since this is where you would expect global warming talk.

Anyway, after scolding Björn Lomborg for some refreshing thoughts, Godwin's law has been applied once more to global warming:

Eco threat worse than Hitler

I tend to agree. It is. The cool and objective scientific way of thinking is quickly replaced by terror of fear, the scientific method is replaced by consensus and prediction models. Those who are reluctant to accept that, are pushed into the public enemy nr1 corner, the Exxon lobby. This used to be called a `witch hunt`. So where communism failed to bring the big brother culture (1984) global warming appears to get successful in killing free thoughts and that may well be the worst that could happen to mankind. So he is right, indeed:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2005
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted