Glove Mice: Why Aren't They on the Market?

• Thread starter T.O.E Dream
  • Start date
In summary, during a conversation about gloves that act as a mouse, it was mentioned that there are already such gloves on the market, such as the ones available at http://www.5dt.com/. The conversation then shifted to discussing similar technology, including the Wii remote hacks demonstrated by Johnny Lee and the Sixth Sense technology demonstrated by Pattie Maes. The speaker also shared a personal anecdote about starting applause and the importance of applause starters in getting a crowd to participate.
T.O.E Dream
I've heard of those gloves that act as a mouse but why aren't these on the market?

Physics news on Phys.org
They are - http://www.5dt.com/ (among others)
Or you can do it yourself with this http://johnnylee.net/projects/wii/

That was pretty cool. This is off topic but that video reminded me of it cause someone did something interesting. They started clapping, but no one else followed his lead, so he ended his clapping without anyone else clapping with him. You got to feel like a real dork when you try to lead an applause but no one else joins you. That's why I won't be the first one to start the applause, I'll let a bunch of other people start first. But if it was just a bunch of me in the crowd, no one would ever get an applause, cause everyone would be waiting for someone else to begin the applause. So it's a good thing we have those applause starters, putting it all on the line, taking that risk, to get those applauses started. Without them, applauses wouldn't exist.

1. Why haven't glove mice been introduced to the market yet?

The technology for glove mice is still in the development stage and has not been perfected for mass production. The manufacturers are still working on improving the design and functionality of the product.

2. What are the benefits of using glove mice?

Glove mice offer a more ergonomic and natural hand position, reducing strain on the hand and wrist. They also provide a more precise and intuitive way of controlling the cursor, making them ideal for tasks that require fine motor control.

3. Are glove mice compatible with all devices?

Most glove mice are designed to be compatible with a variety of devices, including computers, laptops, and tablets. However, it is important to check the specifications of the specific glove mouse to ensure compatibility with your device.

4. How do glove mice work?

Glove mice use sensors and motion tracking technology to detect the movements of the hand and translate them into cursor movements on the screen. Some models also have buttons or touchpads on the fingertips for clicking and scrolling.

5. Are glove mice suitable for everyone?

While glove mice can be beneficial for people with certain hand or wrist conditions, they may not be suitable for everyone. It is important to consult with a doctor or physical therapist before using a glove mouse if you have any pre-existing hand or wrist issues.