Gmail Tap - Keyboard Revolution

In summary: Although I think its hilarious, if they had not included that bit I would not have known it was an April fools joke.
Yanick
For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, did google get you with this?

Gmail Tap

Google typically does some pretty clever things for April Fools, and I typically see right through. This one got me though, I thought to myself, "Oh great now I'll have to learn Morse Code."

I was actually stupid enough to talk about it after we had a lab meeting when we were just sitting around, shooting the breeze. Someone finally said, "No dude, its just their April Fools prank."

I love how they had LL Cool J on as an engineer. Kudos to them, they finally got me.

Anyone else?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm pretty sure "You can tap it in the kitchen", etc. is a euphemism for sex.

...or, a dirty mind.

The video was funny, but unfortunately I go about disbelieving everything new in terms of story development on April's fools.

Actually I would not mind if they made a two button option to tap out letters in
Morse code on a smart phone (creating the ultimate geek device). I learned this skill for amateur radio and
found it a very efficient method of representing characters. For those who may have missed it,
here is a http://www.myspace.com/video/steve/morse-code-vs-text-messaging/8542413 that illustrates this.

The video I posted was a follow up to the original (a link on that site is available if I remember correctly). The initial video got me, this one was pretty transparent. The tapping it in the kitchen etc is a dead give away, but you have to admire the production value of the video's and the overall serious tone of the whole thing with outrageous statements like, "The QWERTY keyboard is just overwhelming," or, "This technology will help people with fat fingers." They even had a guy there who is the supposed great grandson, or something to that effect, of Samuel Morse talking about bringing back Morse code because its more efficient.

1. What is "Gmail Tap - Keyboard Revolution"?

"Gmail Tap - Keyboard Revolution" is a mobile application developed by Google as a fun and innovative way to type on a virtual keyboard using only two buttons.

2. How does "Gmail Tap - Keyboard Revolution" work?

The app uses Morse code to translate taps on two buttons into letters, numbers, and symbols. Each letter is represented by a unique combination of taps, making it easy and efficient to type on a virtual keyboard.

3. Is "Gmail Tap - Keyboard Revolution" available on all devices?

Currently, "Gmail Tap - Keyboard Revolution" is only available for iOS and Android devices. It may become available for other devices in the future.

4. Can I use "Gmail Tap - Keyboard Revolution" with other apps besides Gmail?

While the app was originally designed for Gmail, it can be used with any app that requires typing on a virtual keyboard. However, the app may not be as efficient for other apps as it is for Gmail.

5. Is "Gmail Tap - Keyboard Revolution" a secure way to type and send emails?

Yes, "Gmail Tap - Keyboard Revolution" uses the same security measures as the regular Gmail app, making it a safe and secure way to type and send emails.