GNU/Linux in dual boot

• Thread starter EngWiPy
  • Start date
EngWiPy
I have been trying different distributions of GNU/Linux on virtual box. However, they are relatively slow with some lagging, and if I watch something on YouTube, sometimes the video and sound won't be smooth. I allocated 3 GB RAM, and 20 GB of hard disk for each distribution. Probably this is because I'm running a guest OS inside a host OS. My question is: if I do a dual boot instead where I allocate all the the hardware resources to one OS at a time, will I have any issues regarding the speed with GNU/Linux?

Answers and Replies

Psinter
if I do a dual boot instead where I allocate all the the hardware resources to one OS at a time, will I have any issues regarding the speed with GNU/Linux?
You should not. And the videos should run pretty smooth.

As for the sound, Linux distros rarely get as good sound as Window machines out of the box. The difference is noticeable. You might have to play with the settings to get a nice sound. I always miss the IDT control panel which gives spectacular sound in Windows and most of the time comes already installed (depending on the seller).

EngWiPy
How to improve the sound in Linux, say Debian? where can I find the IDT control panel? and if not installed how to install it? I want to try it on VB.

Psinter
Did you solve this?

IDT control panel does not exist natively for Linux. You'll need an equalizer to improve the sound. Try the PulseAudio equalizer.

Suggested for: GNU/Linux in dual boot

• Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views