1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gnuplot - Absolute Beginner

1. Sep 10, 2005 #1
    Hi All,
    I'm totally, competely and absolutely lost on how to use Gnuplot!! I use Windows XP and I downloaded the zipped flie gnuplot-4.0.0.tar and unzipped it. (So, is the first step right? :confused: ) Now what do I next? I apologise for this apparently simple question, but I grew up in the age of the "Evil Empire" :wink::biggrin: and am no computer wiz (I did learn a little programming in high-school, though). Where is the file in which I type 'help' and stuff?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Navneeth

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 10, 2005 #2
    I am not sure if you got the right package(i feel you might have got the package for linux).
    Go here,
    http://www.duke.edu/~hpgavin/gnuplot.html
    There is a hyperlink on "windows" on this page. Clicking on this hyperlink will let you download the gp400win32.zip
    Once you dload and unpack it, you will find a bin directory with executables inside.

-- AI

4. Sep 10, 2005 #3
    Thank you very much! I've seen some of the demos and have got a lot of things to learn. :)

Regards,
    Navneeth

P.S. Where in India are you from?

5. Sep 13, 2005 #4
    I am from bombay.

-- AI

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?