Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gnuplot - Absolute Beginner

1. Sep 10, 2005 #1
    Hi All,
    I'm totally, competely and absolutely lost on how to use Gnuplot!! I use Windows XP and I downloaded the zipped flie gnuplot-4.0.0.tar and unzipped it. (So, is the first step right? :confused: ) Now what do I next? I apologise for this apparently simple question, but I grew up in the age of the "Evil Empire" :wink::biggrin: and am no computer wiz (I did learn a little programming in high-school, though). Where is the file in which I type 'help' and stuff?

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 10, 2005 #2
    I am not sure if you got the right package(i feel you might have got the package for linux).
    Go here,
    There is a hyperlink on "windows" on this page. Clicking on this hyperlink will let you download the gp400win32.zip
    Once you dload and unpack it, you will find a bin directory with executables inside.

-- AI
  4. Sep 10, 2005 #3
    Thank you very much! I've seen some of the demos and have got a lot of things to learn. :)

P.S. Where in India are you from?
  5. Sep 13, 2005 #4
    I am from bombay.

-- AI
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?