Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Go-kart with speakers

1. Apr 20, 2005 #1
    How exactly could you take a 12 volt motocycle battery, some wire, an old passat tape deck, a couple cheap car speakers (6.55 in) and make a working audio system for a go-kart? I already got the speakers installed in a box, but I am not sure at all for the connections from the tape deck. When I connect positive and negative leads a little light under a key on the front of the deck flashes making me wonder if its some sort of secuirity feature.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 25, 2005 #2
    Well I won't know exactly since I don't know exactly what you are working with, but once the battery is charged and you hook up a tape deck (which I assume will be working at 9/12V) and you connect the speakers to the ports at the back of the deck, it should work assuming that the deck is functioning.

4. May 10, 2005 #3
    I figured it out, it was just a problem with the tape deck... a stupid security feature. I got a new tape deck and now its bumpin

5. May 10, 2005 #4
    Neat. First time I've heard about security stuff in those old-school things. What was the security feature like?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?