Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Go rent miami vice

1. Jun 11, 2008 #1
    Ok, so I've been hooked on the tv MIAMI VICE from the late 80's. So I had to go rent the movie. First of all, the movie IS NOT AT ALL like the TV show. They did not make it to be a continuation of the show; HOWEVER, this movie is GOD DAMN GREAT! I have not seen a good movie like this in a while. GO RENT THIS MOVIE! Im going to watch it at my friends house again on friday, he has a huge 46" HD Plasma w/surround sound. I cant wait to see this in a proper tv/audio. WOW, JUST WOW GOOD.

This movie is one im going to have to buy. I loved the shots, the acting, it was just good.

For all who missed it, it said: "WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW, Gasp, WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!"
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 12, 2008 #2
    It was okay. I can't watch a movie without my 2,000 watt 5.1 audio. You'll like Vice a lot more on a decent home theater system. I'd recommend Pan's Labyrinth, LOTR, The Departed, and Lucky Number Slevin off the top of my head over Miami Vice for watching movies on a home theater system, though.
  4. Jun 12, 2008 #3
    Eh it was ok. Worth a rental. Michael Mann's best cop/bad guy film ever by far was Heat.
  5. Jun 12, 2008 #4
    I didnt like LOTR (Only could watch the first one, after that never again). Luck number slevin, and The Departed I SHOULD have liked, BUT they really had stupid plots. I couldnt stand them. I think they were really bad movies with really great actors.

MIAMI Vice was great because it was so different from the TV show. They could never pull off a vice movie like the tv show w/o the original cast.

It was so different from what I expected it would but, but it was a good different.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?