Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

God Damned Ducks?

1. Oct 20, 2003 #1
    Dont suppose anyone here remembers the God damned ducks thread from the previous physicsforums, if they do they will remember that i asked this question assuming i knew the answer but without being able to confirm it. So hear we go again and lets see if anyone has any proof.

I read once on the internet that a ducks quack doesnt Echo, some of the people i knew at college beleived this and said that it had to be something odd about the soundwaves that are the ducks quack.

This is quite amusing but proove my assumption, that it has too echo because its a soundwave correct.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 20, 2003 #2
    I'm surprised you didn't see the article Ivan Seeking started a thread about, roughly two months ago. Apparently someone proved they do echo. If I recall the thread was titled: "Quack, quack, quack." Something like that.

4. Oct 20, 2003 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Alien 1, Monkey 0.

5. Oct 20, 2003 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. Oct 21, 2003 #5
    Cool, yea i did miss that thread i dont have as much time to go over all of the different sections of the website anymore, its so damned BIG! I never knew there was a scepticism and debunking forum.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?