Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

God is great .?

1. Mar 17, 2004 #1
    God is great.....?

OK. So let us suppose that god never "created" anything, that "he" made merely existed. Would god still be considered great? Would he be a lesser god than one who might have created the universe? Or maybe for god to be GOD he HAD to create the universe. and doesn't this play into determinism? any thoughts...? and i don't want this to be answered religiously, i'm not looking for that. it's all about logic, right.
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 17, 2004 #2
    TYPO FYI: i ment to say that .... let us suppose that god never "created" anything, that "he" HAD merely existed.
  4. Mar 18, 2004 #3

Microsoft is great. Is microsoft God?

Depends in the end on your definition of greatness.
  5. Mar 18, 2004 #4
    duh! how would he be a god? by definition, god is the big kahuna, creator and master blaster.

if he didn't create, what good is s/he? down with the lazy bugger!

6. Mar 20, 2004 #5
    There is no definition of god. If you claim to have one, I would like to know what source it is based on.
  7. Mar 20, 2004 #6

i prefer to think of a universal gestalt that is greater than the sum of it's parts.

pantheism in general terms, if you would.

not a creator or puppeteer.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?