Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B God particle

1. Mar 23, 2016 #1
    This has been fascinating me for a while.I read in a book that the god particle suddenly exploded due to huge pressure and gravity and this led to the formation of protons,neutrons and others.So everything that we see now has just come from a tiny particle.The thing is I don:t understand how the particle could explode.It was very tiny so the gravity and pressure wouldn't have been strong enough.
    How did that explosion take place ? What exactly happened that led to such an explosion ?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 23, 2016 #2

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What book?

4. Mar 23, 2016 #3
    What explosion?

5. Mar 23, 2016 #4
    A book called "the universe"

6. Mar 23, 2016 #5
    Big Bang

7. Mar 23, 2016 #6

OCR

8. Mar 23, 2016 #7
    'Big bang' was a joke name originating from respectable people at that time, who thought that the Universe should be in a 'steady state'.
    According to recent observation, apparently it is not, it is getting bigger, but not exploding.

9. Mar 23, 2016 #8
    So you mean the particle didn't explode but just got bigger? In that case,what makes it grow bigger ?

10. Mar 23, 2016 #9

OCR

11. Mar 23, 2016 #10

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A little more detail would be helpful, like author / ISBN number.

12. Mar 24, 2016 #11

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

No, the higgs boson has nothing to do with the big bang as far as I know.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted