God? Schmod!

• Thread starter nathaniel8
  • Start date
Enough mit der talk about god already! I say: "god? schmod!"
The word 'god' adds nothing to understanding anything; it just adds a layer of complexity.
Some people say that this complex cosmos could not 'just happen' without a creator... and then they propose AN EVEN MORE COMPLEX CREATOR (god) who 'just happened'!
For the sake of human advancement... jettison this primitive, barbaric notion before our voyage to the stars. We have enough carry-on baggage, like psychological 'creatures of the Id' (reference to Forbidden Planet movie). Why contaminate other worlds with our reptile thinking? Perhaps it's good that humanity is quaranteened to this solar system by the speed of light. It gives us time to 'grow up'.
God? Schmod!

Pengwuino

Gold Member
Didn't know I'd ever get to say this to anyone.... but spellcheck is your friend.

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
What do you think he misspelled?

Pengwuino

Gold Member
selfAdjoint said:
What do you think he misspelled?
I assume "mit" and "der" are intentional mispellings.

quarantined is spelled incorrectly. I'm also not sure if "Perhaps it's good that humanity is quaranteened to this solar system by the speed of light." is philosophical or drug induced in nature.

hmmm... i used the spell check provided by the website.

Pengwuino

Gold Member
Odd...

It's certainly not a word and is not coming up as one in various dictionaries and other program's dictionaries.

Very curious....

Last edited:
:biggrin:
There are German words in there, you can look them up here: http://dict.leo.org/

I will translate it for you:
Enough mit der talk about god already
=Enough with the talk about god already

nathaniel8 said:
The word 'god' adds nothing to understanding anything; it just adds a layer of complexity.
Some people say that this complex cosmos could not 'just happen' without a creator... and then they propose AN EVEN MORE COMPLEX CREATOR (god) who 'just happened'!
For the sake of human advancement... jettison this primitive, barbaric notion before our voyage to the stars. We have enough carry-on baggage, like psychological 'creatures of the Id' (reference to Forbidden Planet movie). Why contaminate other worlds with our reptile thinking? Perhaps it's good that humanity is quaranteened to this solar system by the speed of light. It gives us time to 'grow up'.
God? Schmod!

Who said anything about God? You're the only one who's brought him up.

Buddhist believe we are our own god.
amen to that.