Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

God signature

1. Oct 29, 2004 #1
    Where are not dicussing here specific miracles calimed by some religions e.g. Moses stick or Jesus healing or revealed-on Muhammad Quran miracles, I just want to discuess just the mere cpncept of miralce. "God signature that X person speaks in His Name".

What is the "thingy" in the miracle which could make it valid? i.e "Not false miracle"?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 29, 2004 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I recognize your efforts here to try to obey PF's policy on religious discussion to some extent. However, I don't think your good intentions can save this topic from still ultimately being a religious one. One could try to make a case that we can base non-religious discussion of miracles upon a non-religious definition/supposition of a god, but this really blurs the line too much for my tastes and sets us on too slippery of a slope.

In any case, religious issues aside, this topic is already dangerously close to being insubstantially developed and overly speculative. Overall, it does not satisfy the PF philosophy forum guidelines.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?