Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

God Topics?

1. Sep 17, 2003 #1
    Was just wondering if this will be the carry-over for discussing the God topics from the previous Philosophy forum? And here I'm referring to those which approach God more from a philosophical perspective, rather than those with specific religious references. Will the Religion sub-forum be maintained as well, or will it be incorporated into the Metaphyisics forum?

And what other topics will be deemed suitable for the Metaphysical forum?
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 17, 2003 #2
    You can get to the religion forum by clicking on Philoshophy - it will be one of the forums that comes up.
  4. Sep 17, 2003 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

this would be the appropriate forum to discuss non-religious topics concerning a philosophic approach...
  5. Sep 17, 2003 #4

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's not really what we had in mind with the Metaphysics forum.

edit: Just conferred with Greg. The Metaphysics Forum is the appropriate place for ontological arguments regarding "god", as long as specific religions are not referred to.

It was decided that Religion is no longer part of the PF plan.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2003
  6. Sep 17, 2003 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

oops...sorry, this didn't make enough sense, it was early and i hadn't had my coffee yet, it should have read:

The metaphysics forums is the appropriate forum to discuss NON-RELIGIOUS topics concerning GOD in a philosophic approach...

I will be posting a sticky here soon~
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?