Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

God's Universe

1. Jul 13, 2005 #1
    God's Neverending Universe

Does it ever seem true to anybody that everytime we try to discover something new, we are left with more unchartered territory to discover, that comprises what we originally had found?

For instance an atom is discovered. Then we figure there are electrons and protons and neutrons. Then we figure quarks, gluons and other particles. It seems that we find one thing and then we see that no its not just an atom, its something else.

Another example, lets say we measure something to be 1 meter. We can always make the measurement more accurate by measuring the object in another unit of measurement, and when I see this, I think well, I guess what is happening is that the new unit of measurement is making more divisions to give a more accurate number. But it seems we could do this infinitly.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2005
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted