Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Going from physics to biomed

1. Oct 2, 2009 #1
    Hello. I wasn't sure where else to post this question but I hope someone on here can help me out!

I just got my BS in physics, and I was thinking about doing medical physics. But I'm mostly interested in MRI and other imaging techniques, and somebody pointed out to me that biomedical engineering might be a better way to enter this area of research. If that is the case, is it too impractical (competition-wise) for a physics major to switch into biomedical engineering? Unfortunately, I only took minimum required chemistry and biology... Also, what are some good schools for biomedical engineering? Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 3, 2009 #2

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Most of the biomedical engineering I've been involved with required a good knowledge of electronics. I got my start in this area, with a BS in engineering physics, at a university medical center.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook