1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programs Going into electronics

Tags:
  1. Jun 13, 2016 #1
    Hello, I am very confuse and I need advice. Here it is, I always loved computers and bricollage. During my free time I always look for stuff to bricoller or I stay at my computer all the time ... I'm in first grade in computer graphics and now I realize that what I really want to do is in the field of electronics. The problem is that I'm not good at math and I wonder if I could improve it when I would do a background in electronic.
    Hoping you can help me, THANKS

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 13, 2016 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

You should beef up your math before you get into elcetronics study as many concepts depend on a certain level of math. Digital electronics may be somewhat easier on the math stressing boolean algebra concepts. However, more diverse analog electronics may require Calculus and beyond.

Here's a wikipedia article on the math needed to study electronics:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_methods_in_electronics

4. Jun 13, 2016 #3

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Bricollage? Bricolage? The word is not common, but some web-search listings are found. No clear meaning. At best, tinkering or Do-It-Yourself.

The community colleges had Electronics courses but many years ago. Now, if you want to learn Electronics, you need to go through an undergraduate Engineering program. You need Mathematics. You must learn logic, boolean algebra, Trigonometry, and Calculus. Also Algebra at least to the intermediate level.

5. Jun 13, 2016 #4

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

French for "do-it-yourself", with a connotation of unprofessionalism about it.

6. Jun 13, 2016 #5

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Your options for studying electronics and the prerequisite mathematics surely depend on which country you're in (or plan to study in).

7. Jun 13, 2016 #6
    The community colleges typically offer circuit classes.

8. Jun 14, 2016 #7

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

The ones in my region do not.

9. Jun 14, 2016 #8
    I want to go to the US to do it...

10. Jun 14, 2016 #9
    Thank you I'm going to have a private math professor to improve it

11. Jun 14, 2016 #10
    Thank you ! I will... I'm searching for a private professor to improve my math...

12. Jun 16, 2016 #11

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Why?? The universities in the US are much more expensive than at other places, and not of significant better quality either.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted