1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Going to RIT this fall.

1. Jun 13, 2008 #1
    Hello all!

I am planning on going to RIT this fall into the Micro Electronic Engineering program. I realized after looking through my schedule for classes that there a lot of physics courses that are required. I was wondering if taking on MicroE and Physics as a dual major is too much to handle or if anyone has done a dual major with Physics and a related Engineering program.

Thanks for the help!

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 13, 2008 #2
    Steve, I bet that the only required "physics" courses are University Physics and Modern Physics. This is the required physics for ALL engineers (some don't take modern). If you have some AP credit in the liberal arts and/or don't mind the extra work, then there is still nothing wrong with doing a dual major in physics as well. Just note that you will have to do the remainder of the physics curriculum as well as your engineering curriculum.

I'm sure as long as you talked to your advisor/dept. head, you would be able to double count certain courses. For example, there's no point taking the physics electronics course if you already have several engineering electronics courses. Additionally, an engineering E&M shouldn't mean much when you have physics E&M.
  4. Jun 13, 2008 #3
    Awesome, thanks for the help.
  5. Jun 13, 2008 #4
    bit outta topic but what's RIT
  6. Jun 13, 2008 #5
    Rochester Institute of Technology.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?