Dog Chapel: Stephen Huneck's Homage to Man's Best Friend

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, Stephen Huneck was inspired to build a work of art dedicated to dogs after a near-death experience involving a half-canine apparition in 1997. This was mentioned in a conversation about "leaf-peeping" and whether it was legal or not.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
"Stephen Huneck started building his masterpiece in 1997, after a near-death experience brought him face-to-snout with a mysterious half-canine apparition. The encounter inspired him to create a work of art as homage to man's best friend."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A9720-2003Jul4.html?nav=hptoc_c

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
That sort of stuff scares me, btw what is 'leaf-peeping' is it legal ?

Originally posted by username
That sort of stuff scares me, btw what is 'leaf-peeping' is it legal ?

Only if you are of legal age.

I think it means bird watching, or other outdoor activities like hiking...I think. I have never heard term.

Yes people come up with some mighty strange stuff.

leaf peeping sound like a peepin tom situation

1. What is the Dog Chapel and who created it?

The Dog Chapel is a unique place of worship dedicated to dogs and their owners. It was created by artist and author Stephen Huneck in 2000 as a way to honor the special bond between humans and their canine companions.

2. Where is the Dog Chapel located?

The Dog Chapel is located in St. Johnsbury, Vermont on the grounds of Stephen Huneck's home and studio. It is situated in a beautiful natural setting, surrounded by trees and mountains.

3. What can visitors expect to see at the Dog Chapel?

Visitors to the Dog Chapel can expect to see a beautiful, hand-carved wooden chapel filled with whimsical dog-themed artwork and decorations. There is also a peaceful meditation garden and a memorial wall where visitors can leave messages for their beloved pets.

4. Is the Dog Chapel open to all religions?

Yes, the Dog Chapel welcomes people of all religions and beliefs. It is meant to be a place of peace and reflection for anyone who loves dogs and wants to honor their bond with these special animals.

5. Are dogs allowed inside the Dog Chapel?

Yes, well-behaved dogs are welcome inside the Dog Chapel. In fact, the chapel is often filled with dogs and their owners who come to pay their respects and remember their furry friends. However, for the comfort and safety of all visitors, dogs must be kept on a leash at all times.

Back