A7 Twin Carb Head: A Precious Find!

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Head
In summary, the conversation involves the speaker discussing their experience finding a rare A7 twin carb head in perfect condition. They also mention their past experience of finding a valuable Stevens M47 rifle and selling it for a profit. The other party mentions their own lucky find of a valuable Joe Montana rookie card and expresses interest in potentially selling bike parts in the future.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I have just swapped some parts for an A7 twin carb head, these heads are like gold dust as there are so few remaining and it is in perfect nick :!)
So have you ever found gold dust?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yep! I bought a Stevens M47 single shot rifle in .22 caliber with D sights (all options) in VG condition with a mint bore for less than $1000. Since I collected primarily Winchesters at the time, and was looking for a rather pricey antique carbine in .38-55, I sold the Stevens. I went to a gun show, walked up to a dealer that I know, un-sleeved the gun and walked away with $2000 cash in my pocket. He probably made a 50% profit himself, but that's the beauty about being tied in with collectors who are nuts about originality and condition.

turbo-1 said:
Yep! I bought a Stevens M47 single shot rifle in .22 caliber with D sights (all options) in VG condition with a mint bore for less than $1000. Since I collected primarily Winchesters at the time, and was looking for a rather pricey antique carbine in .38-55, I sold the Stevens. I went to a gun show, walked up to a dealer that I know, un-sleeved the gun and walked away with $2000 cash in my pocket. He probably made a 50% profit himself, but that's the beauty about being tied in with collectors who are nuts about originality and condition.

You lucky capitalist sod :biggrin: I do not sell bike parts only swap, but may be there will come a time.

I bought a box of junk in an auction for 50 cents and found a Joe Montana rookie card $200.

What is an A7 Twin Carb Head?

An A7 Twin Carb Head is a type of cylinder head used in car engines. It features two carburetors, one for each cylinder, which helps to improve engine performance and fuel efficiency.

What makes the A7 Twin Carb Head a "precious find"?

The A7 Twin Carb Head is considered a precious find because it is a rare and highly sought-after part for vintage cars. It is no longer in production and can be difficult to find, making it valuable to car enthusiasts and collectors.

What are the benefits of using an A7 Twin Carb Head?

The use of an A7 Twin Carb Head can provide several benefits, such as increased horsepower and torque, improved fuel economy, and smoother engine operation. It can also enhance the overall performance and sound of the car.

Are there any downsides to using an A7 Twin Carb Head?

While the A7 Twin Carb Head can offer many benefits, there are some potential downsides to using it. It may require more maintenance and tuning compared to a single carburetor, and it can be more expensive to purchase and install.

Can the A7 Twin Carb Head be used on any car?

No, the A7 Twin Carb Head is specifically designed for certain types of cars, particularly vintage models. It may not be compatible with modern engines or those that have been heavily modified. It is important to consult with a mechanic or do thorough research before attempting to install an A7 Twin Carb Head on a car.