Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gold Membership is back!

1. Oct 4, 2014 #1
    The upgrade link is in the "My PF" drop down. Here is the link:
    https://www.physicsforums.com/account/upgrades

Right now the benefits are:
    Recognition badge, profile posting, 24/7 chat, watch tags, 24h edit window, signature, hide online status, good feeling of the donation

I'll be working to add to that list. Thanks to everyone who has and who is planning to support PF!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 4, 2014 #2

DataGG

Gold Member

Aren't you missing the "No ads"? I really have no idea if PF uses ads, as I use an adblock extension (ads = malware). But it used to have ads, so I doubt you removed them in PF 4.0?

Will gold members still see ads?

EDIT: Also, something you might want to do is make the recognition badge thingie a link to buy PF-gold.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  4. Oct 4, 2014 #3
    No members see ads :)

5. Oct 22, 2014 #4
    How about granting gold members the ability to post on locked threads in order to comment on unresolved issues that they might see or to further explain ambiguities that may have been left in the original discussion so that future viewers of the thread can have those questions answered without having to start a new thread.

6. Oct 28, 2014 #5

I thought the procedure for posting to a locked thread was to petition a mint or... (darned voice recognition, I said mentor)... letting the mentor know what the valuable information is you wish to add, that way if the information you wish to add is valuable, then it can be added.

(!

7. Oct 28, 2014 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

It would depend, most threads that are locked are locked because the thread was in violation of our rules. Old threads that were locked due to age, also have the problem that the discussion may no longer meet the current rules.

8. Oct 28, 2014 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Yes, this would be the correct thing to do.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook