Golden Birds UFO Sighting: Unidentified and in the Sky

• Thread starter RocketSurgery
  • Start date
In summary: Golden Birds are something strange and unexplained, but I don't know what they could be.In summary, three people were hanging out at night when they saw what appeared to be glowing, golden birds in a V-formation in the sky. At first they thought they were birds, but after watching them for a short while, they realized that they were UFOs and that they were moving quickly and erratically. The objects were extremely bright and it is possible that they were military aircraft, but there is also a possibility that they were balloons. There is no definitive answer as to what they could be, but all three of the people who witnessed the phenomena think that they are something strange and unexplained.
RocketSurgery
Golden Birds...UFO?

It's unidentified and it was in the sky...

Ok we were hanging out around 1130 outside the Engineering Buidling eating sum food we just got and just chillen talking about random stuff. All of a sudden we see these lights above the trees in a V-shaped pattern

At first they looked like birds but they were EXTREMELY bright and began switching around into insane patterns without losing linear velocity. They left very quickly and neither one of us have any Idea what they could be.

Anyone ever hear of such a thing?
We refer to them as the Golden Birds.

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, there is 3 possible answers:
1) They are, in fact, glowing, golden birds.
2) Its actually UFO's.
3) You are all on acid.
(lol jk)

Last edited by a moderator:
No No I am just saying linear as opposed to angular velocity. lol sry. Well they are definently UFOs since i haven't identified them yet lol.

I do however think there is a logical explanation other then strange alien technology
im just wondering if anyone knows thinks that could appear in this way.

Also the objects looked relatively spherical, and behaved as tho they were on a long string, kinda like x-mas lights. But since they were atleast 50 ft away they would have to be relatively big orbs.

No acid btw! I just noticed you said that:rofl:

ooo and Also we did originally think they were birds but bc they could move left and right without decreasing there speed in the forward direction we are doubtful of this.

Also they were EXTREMELY bright... much brighter then any lightsouce on campus, but most likely not reflecting either since they glowed an amber/orangey color. Unless they were gold dipped birds. hehe

RocketSurgery said:
It's unidentified and it was in the sky...

Ok we were hanging out around 1130 outside the Engineering Buidling eating sum food we just got and just chillen talking about random stuff. All of a sudden we see these lights above the trees in a V-shaped pattern

At first they looked like birds but they were EXTREMELY bright and began switching around into insane patterns without losing linear velocity. They left very quickly and neither one of us have any Idea what they could be.

Anyone ever hear of such a thing?
We refer to them as the Golden Birds.

The sun reflects bright objects pretty brightly.

They may have been military aircraft, or maybe even something as mundane as balloons.

Balloons seems pretty plausible. I doubt it was a military aircraft because there was close to 10 orbs in the formations which were moving rapidly around each other. It just wouldn't be safe for anyone in an aircraft to do. I'm liking the balloon explanation though.

LightbulbSun said:
The sun reflects bright objects pretty brightly.

No sun around it was 1130 at night. However balloons being extremely reflective
(the shiny party ones) might explain what they were and if they were tied by a string then that would explain how they moved together at a constant speed despite twirling around each other. However the whole being in V-formation for about a full 5 seconds (pretty long time for that velocity) worries me. I don't know how the balloons could go from a perfect formation to chaos without changing speed and without outside influence. I'd expect them to be consistently moving around and not staying in a rigid formation.

This is a very interesting topic. Perhaps, some very skilled model airplane pilots?^^ I, honestly, can not think about anything else, that is in the realms of rationalism, that they could be.

Wait, do you live in Phoenix?

Fireflies are bright and fly erratically, changing direction of flight very quickly. At night it is difficult to estimate distances, so near small objects can be confounded with big distant ones.
Communal reinforcement acts strongly in a group. If someone says he/she is seeing distant golden birds, the others will tend to see the same thing.

I doubt it would be fireflies, they would know if it was, they would be tiny, and they don't hold their light on for long, steady amounts.

A. Not Phoenix but NJ
B. Fireflies maybe, All I can say is that to me they looked like they were across the lake and
close to the trees (they disappeared when they went near the branches). Also even though it is hard to judge distances it is a fact that they slowly got closer to us and then left. So the distance they traveled is easy to see despite not knowing if they were far away for sure. If they were fireflies they must have been in a flying jar because they moved eratically but stayed within a certain radius and went from the horizon to as far as we could see until there were too many trees in the way.
C. I still think the Balloon Idea is the most logical
D. Neither of us actually believe they were birds that's what my friend called them and it's catchy (we thought they were at very first though).

RocketSurgery said:
Balloons seems pretty plausible. I doubt it was a military aircraft because there was close to 10 orbs in the formations which were moving rapidly around each other. It just wouldn't be safe for anyone in an aircraft to do.
Have you ever seen a military precision flying team and if so, can you compare the patterns you saw to the maneuvers they perform? What they do is pretty crazy and certainly doesn't qualify as safe.

lol not really but if that was a military team I'm even more freaked out then if it was a UFO because that would mean our military is flying little golden spheres.

I don't know what it was but I'm sure it was just sumkind of little manmade object. Some sort of flotsam i suppose.

1. What is a "Golden Birds UFO"?

A "Golden Birds UFO" is a term used to describe an unidentified flying object that has been reported to have a golden or yellowish color. It is believed to be a type of UFO that is often seen in the sky, but its exact nature and origin are still unknown.

2. Where have these Golden Birds UFOs been sighted?

Golden Birds UFOs have been reported to have been sighted in various locations around the world, including the United States, Europe, and Asia. They have been seen in both rural and urban areas, and sightings have been reported by people from different backgrounds and professions.

3. How do scientists explain the sightings of Golden Birds UFOs?

Scientists have yet to come up with a definitive explanation for the sightings of Golden Birds UFOs. Some theories suggest that they could be natural phenomena, such as rare types of lightning or atmospheric reflections. Others propose that they could be advanced military aircraft or even extraterrestrial spacecraft.

4. Are there any credible evidence or proof of Golden Birds UFOs?

As of now, there is no concrete evidence or proof of the existence of Golden Birds UFOs. Most sightings are based on eyewitness accounts, which can be unreliable. However, there have been some documented cases where radar and satellite data have captured unusual flying objects that have not been identified.

5. What is the significance of studying Golden Birds UFOs?

The study of Golden Birds UFOs can provide valuable insights into our understanding of the universe and our place in it. It can also help us develop new technologies and advance our understanding of physics and potential forms of life beyond Earth. Additionally, it can help us distinguish between natural and artificial phenomena in the sky, which has implications for aviation safety and national security.