How did the army soldiers wake up and attack after the gas attack in Goldfinger?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary, James Bond is watching a movie where the army people wake up after a gas attack and attack the villain, Goldfinger, knowing his plan. It's revealed that the pilot had switched the gas with something harmless and James Bond had instructed the army to act dead and ambush Goldfinger. This is all revealed when the army dude tells Bond about the switch. In the end, the plane blows up and Bond is praised for his brilliance.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Well I am watching it on AMC right now and something puzzled me (I guess i looked away). How did all the army people all of a sudden wake up after the gas attack and attack them knowing exactly what the bad dude's plan was?

Physics news on Phys.org
Um, probably because whoever gased them was going for the gold, duh?

James Bond: Do you expect me to talk, Goldfinger?

Goldfinger: No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!

Last edited:
cyrusabdollahi said:
Um, probably because whoever gased them was going for the gold, duh?

Quiet you. :grumpy:

Because it's a movie? :biggrin:

Because James Bond got the Piolt to swicth the gas with somthing that's not harmful and then he told the army when see the gas to act like there dead and after goldfinger comes they all get and ambush him

scott1 said:
Because James Bond got the Piolt to swicth the gas with somthing that's not harmful and then he told the army when see the gas to act like there dead and after goldfinger comes they all get and ambush him

ahhhh! I JUST heard the army dude tell Bond that she switched the gases!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That airplane just blew up on impact. What crap.

Last edited:
Whoa that's awesome.

Pengwuino said:
ahhhh! I JUST heard the army dude tell Bond that she switched the gases!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That airplane just blew up on impact. What crap.
OK. I am going to have to follow you and constantly put you in your place. Damn whipper-snappers. You show Bond some respect! Respect his authoritah!

Don't mess with kitty Galore! :grumpy:

James Bond is just brilliant!

1. Who directed the movie "Goldfinger"?

The movie "Goldfinger" was directed by Guy Hamilton.

2. When was "Goldfinger" released?

"Goldfinger" was released on September 18, 1964.

3. Who played the role of James Bond in "Goldfinger"?

Sean Connery played the iconic role of James Bond in "Goldfinger".

4. What is the plot of "Goldfinger"?

"Goldfinger" follows James Bond as he investigates a gold smuggling operation and uncovers a much larger plot involving the villainous Auric Goldfinger.

5. Where was "Goldfinger" filmed?

"Goldfinger" was primarily filmed in England, with some scenes also being shot in Switzerland and the United States.