1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cosmology Good audiobooks for physics

1. Jan 19, 2017 #1
    So I drive a lot. I need a audiobook that doesn't really rely on too many pictures or math. Simply because I want to drive safely and listen to something interesting.

I already have a basic background so something in more modern stuff would be good. Something along the lines of cosmology or astrophysics. Any ideas?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 19, 2017 #2
    Anything by Feynman.
    The character of a physical law, QED, Six easy pieces, ... the list goes on.

But I couldn't drive safely with a science audiobook. I would zone out, trying to picture concepts...

4. Jan 20, 2017 #3
    Same. Recipe for disaster.

5. Jan 20, 2017 #4
    Many of the Feynman lectures are available on audiobooks. The trouble is many are very mathematical, especially when he talks about spin-1 and spin 1/2 in quantum mechanics. I feel I can follow them while driving, with a graduate degree in physics, but I think they would be tough sledding for anyone without a Bachelors degree (i.e. layman)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted