1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good Basic Algebra Refresher Book

1. Nov 15, 2009 #1
    I am currently enrolled in Calculus I and am doing fine, the class is very easy as far as calculus concepts go but I struggle with the algebra. It's been 4-5 years since I took algebra so I don't remember a whole lot and really don't want to take the class over.

With that said, are there any books that cover what I am looking for? I don't need super in-depth algebra, I can learn that as I go, just something that helps with simplifying/moving around terms, synthetic division, logarithms, aka anything that is needed algebra-wise that is used most commonly in calculus.

I'm thinking something I can play around with during Christmas break. So I'd like to be able to get through it in about a month.

Oh yeah...maybe basic trig as well. Now that I'm typing this out...maybe I am best suited with something you'd take before calculus, like a "basics you should know before taking calculus" type thing?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2009 #2
    The two books, Algebra and Trigonometry, by Israel Gelfand. They are short and sweet.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook