Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good book covering the field of nanotechnology

1. Nov 3, 2005 #1
    could anybody plz suggest a good book covering the field of nanotechnology starting from the elementary ideas upto the present developments.
    THANKS.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 3, 2005 #2
    Hi Saurabh and welcome,

I'm sure there are lots of kind members here, who can help you. Unfortunately your post has landed in a wrong forum somehow. Now no doubt that one the moderators will move this to a more proper area, with a better chance of a reply.

Good luck.

4. Nov 4, 2005 #3
    go to arxiv.org and start searching for nanotech papers. Start reading. Look up anything you don't understand.

5. Nov 5, 2005 #4
    Try 'The Most Beautiful Molecule' and if you want something that goes into the elementary (early) ideas, pick up a copy of 'Pleasure of Finding Things Out', one of the lectures in the book goes into fitting all 24 volumes of Encylcopedia Brittanica on the head of a pin.

6. Nov 10, 2005 #5
    If you find a good one, please reply on this thread (wherever it ends up). Edit: Here are two websites you might checkout (www.nanotechnology.com) & (www.foresight.org) - you might be able to start from there.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2005
  7. Nov 10, 2005 #6
    here's a good one, whoops dropped it. nobody move its right here somewhere

8. Nov 10, 2005 #7
    Hmm, I would think that the first step would be to actually buy the ipod nano.

9. Nov 12, 2005 #8
    I suggest "Introduction to NANOTECHNOLOGY" from Charles P Poole Jr and Frank J OWENS. It has served me well:wink:

regards
    marlon

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?